Wednesday, January 27, 2016

'VERY SUPERIOR' BUSINESS SKILLS

If you don't know how you fare in the business world, my advice is to take a test! There are myriads of books existent about business. Better yet, be a college graduate with a "Business" Major like Josh or Ben majoring in Communications. I learned from my boys "First in.. first out" and First in last out." The bizarre world of 2016 challenges all of us. I have "re-tooled" from gold and silver to silver and gold.. only I wear I learn because  I WANT TO LEARN. "If you aren't the lead dog the view never changes." But you must be careful..too smart and you turn people off. Too dumb and you might as well wash dishes. As a good salesman ..you must have a certain apathy..

If you have a business profile you are proud of, my friends, don't stagnate. Despite the Winter-Spring scenario Old Bob got real excited today... more silver JFK halves and yes, a Thomas Edison  Disc Recordplayerto kill for. Maybe 100 years old, the Edison unit came with a booklet 'Operation And Care of the Edison Phonograph and a broken leg.In unloading it from a Lincoln truck, "Edison's leg fractured. Not too worry. Back in 1982 Jimmy Derrick and I were loading up aslant-front tiger maple desk and we broke a leg, not on stage, but on a U Haul ramp. Dad glued it and I "beat the pool" getting $8,000 for it down the road at my Blair House location. Today I purchased an early Singer Electric Sewing Machine..

Further I go from an Edison to an Apple. iPod is my next challenge.. to go with my Karaoke set-up.
My collection of Henry Ford books now numbers 20. Edison and Ford and Tesla are the quintessential Americans of the 20th Century. Yes, I know Gates and Jobs did the trick a while back. Remember.. "YOU CAN'T GET TO SECOND BASE SIF YOU KEEP ONE FOOT ON  FIRST!"

Today's Pageviews are more than double yesterdays. As a blogger I am handing out my business cards all the time. It shows my hustle. Why do I have this spirit? Because I got rid of my "yesterdays."I work at it, I am focused and refuse to get old. Forget all about the news and "The Donald."Think about the poor people who don't have a "pot to piss in." I will always have a pot by virtue of my name  POT-VIN. "NIVTOP" backwards!

Finally, today at "The Army" my new friend and guiding light "Angel" introduced me to a mother of 11! I love it. How compassionate can she be.  Ephrain steered me straight 30 years ago saying ' A MOTHER WILL DO ANYTHING FOR HER CHILDREN." Put that in your pipes Madonna.


Pageviews today just published :80 ..  Yesterday 70 .. Two days ago  60
Edison Phonograph  Earlier



SIMILIAR SLANT-FRONT DESK  TIGER MAPLE  C. 1790 


OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE 1746   REPRODUCTION 





LIKE MY NEW BABY ?. 
 
 

'THOMAS ALVA'





THEN 1964

 
AND NOW, AND NOW, AND NOW..




 
CIVIL WAR MEMORIAL TO BLACK SOLDIERS

1 comment: