Friday, January 1, 2016

BARRY GIBB OF THE BEE GEES










 . MASSACHUSETTS.. the song was recorded by the Bee Gees on August 9, 1967.It was their first #1 Hit in Australia and the UK. Two months I was visiting Rod Bryar in Melbourne... on my military R & R. The Bee Gees grew to be the world's best artist. Today I have sent Barry a print of my Mas



sachusetts BLOG plate!

The Brothers Gibb were fantastic in their musical renditions and showmanship. Today, only Barry Gibb lives. In watching the funeral of Robbin Gibb who died in 2012.  I was moved by the YouTube presentation of the funeral. A brilliant white horse-drawn cortege by four shimmering black horses blew me away. I thought "this is a movie" covering thee fallen Bee Gee of age 62. Maurice Gibb and Andy died earlier. BUT the music of the Bee Gees  will live forever.
 Love songs and Easy Listening are part of the litany of B G songs. Their poor aged mother has lived to bury three of her worldwide famous sons.

My sons and I saw the Bee Gees perform as guests of Mayor Ray Flynn in 1988. In 1999 coming back to The States from Australia I bid for a return trip to see the Bee Gees in Sydney for Y2K. I was a babe in the woods, recently divorced and my loving mother said. "They don't want to see you again, Bob." I obeyed mother and gave my unused souvenir to son Ben. after 15 years I've gotta see it again!.


I have a DVD of the Bee Gees. Travolta is quoted "When these buys get behind a mic.. it's magic." I agree. Barry's falsetto voice is like Frankie Valle's of the Jersey Boys. Life goes on and the Bee Gees's music lives forever. So many, many chart-toppers. "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?" "How Deep Is Your love?" "Heartbreaker."... and on, and on, and on!

Barry Gibb is such a showman and leader. He is stalwart in the loving memory of what the  Bee Gees gives the world... and to think the song "Massachusetts" really inspired me while a soldier in Vietnam Thanks Barry! I think I'll send Barry a copy of  my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment