Sunday, January 10, 2016

OLD AGE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE DEPRESSING

Attention "old ones"...old age doesn't have to be depressing! Take me, I luv it because I work at it. I don't dwell on the inevitability that some day I may die. The reality I have made and am making choices on a daily basis. Will I be or will I be miserable? Will I be fat or will be portly? Will learn new words for my vocabulary or will I be a dud?

I haven't gotten this far by being a fake I am the real deal. I try to be charitable and giving to those less fortunate. Tomorrow, at the behest of Son Ben I'll make a trip to Salvation Army with my load of "yesterdays." The junk from the Eighties becomes more worthless every day .SIMPLIFY  with the goodness of life's present moments. These times are now are like times we have never seen before.

In Houston in July of 1983 a guy by the name of Ira Hayes gave a marvelous speech about how technologies were snowballing in our lives. HA ha.. that was so long ago. Since then we have accrued so much junk it isn't funny. Retailers try to "ram the goat down our throats" to make sales. But wait, a major discernment is in order. Just look at the days of AM radio..FM radio..FM stereo. .Junk.. junk.. junk.. junk. Worthless junk. Clean house like I will tomorrow morning. Give yourselves another mental shampoo! Hone up your attitudes. Kill your televisions.. but not your husband or wife! LOL..

Materialism is awful but necessary. What antiques? Yesterdays newspaper/ What's a newspaper, daddy? I tell you,  When the Internet was founded a hole was put in the media bucket. It has been leaking with lifeblood of journalism for years. Name one aspect of the media that is growing! You re right.. my BLOG! I look for good ideas and try to impart them to you. Like old Popeye I am what I am.

Old habits may be difficult to break but new ideas are refreshing like a Spring shower. We just experienced a January tempest of the highest order. Not to work... it may snow in the near future.
I have decided to wallpaper my border with GOOGLE wallpaper. Man, I am in love with the Google concept of marketing. Check out "GOOGLE DOODLES" on your toolbar. If you have an old toolbox.. scrap it.My Dad had one and he also suffered from "retirement depressions. "Not me.

So, tomorrow is another day...seize the day as I plan on...As Sally Fields says he her ad.."We have one life..." What will your life be in 2016? A little older ..a little wiser. That's a great motto.




















"A little older...a lot wiser... is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment