Saturday, January 23, 2016

RUTH & MACK - TAKE YOUR PICK!

The glow of Babe Ruth and Connie Mack were found on autographed baseballs in 1994. As an Estate Auctioneer I delight in my charges to convert "goodies" into cash. My batting average is good. In this case I hit two Grand Slams on Nursery Avenue, North Brookfield.. Speculation was high and money didn't seem to be an object thanks to Steve Quill. Steve is a good guy as is his son. The Quills allowed me to have some serious fun in employing the auction method of marketing.!

I like an auction... not a trumped ( LOL) up one, but the real deal. Selling autographed baseballs by Ruth and Mack made my day.

In all of selling you better know what your doing! The signatures of Babe Ruth and Connie Mack did just that... they caught on fire...aka ..Auction Fever.

"And how many dollars am I bid? High bidder will have their choice." The hands began to raise and like a $4,000 Teddy Bear once auctioned off in Royalston,  auction fever set in....$500..$750..$1,000.. all the way up to $2,650. "Which baseball do you want?" "The Mack!' The July crowd was in disbelief." SOLD!" Now comes a pirouette of Bob. I looked at the under-bidder asking  if he wanted the Babe Ruth signed baseball at the same price. "Yes" exclaimed the young man from Charlton.

The best part of this blog is the fact Steve Quill donated the Mack-signed baseball to the North Brookfield Library.  Yes, it takes "balls"  to sell baseballs




and I'll lave it at that! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment