Wednesday, January 27, 2016

HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT

You can remain "fat, dumb and happy" or, in the New Year you may do something about it. I did and boy am I happier going from 216 to today's 190lbs. At age 73.5 I pride myself in being physically fit "not physically fat." So how are we going to do it...lose weight.. one pound at time? As Ringo Starr sings 'It Don't Come Easy.."

Good nutrition is about many things... the most important is "in moderation." "Pig Out" and you are going to become a pig. Like the U.S. Army we must adopt a "can do attitude" Life should be more than "eat, work and sleep." My signatures are no booze and no smokes! If you keep it up you may be down...in your grave..

So how do I manage a healthy lifestyle? With new false teeth my options seem limited. The reality I eat no steak, Hamburg
FAT SO ME..2002 BOSTON


THE BRAND NEW ME

AS I WAS SAYING




NOT MICKEY


HAPPY HEART

OKAY GIRLS!





or any thing that may be alluring to my appetite. I try to get my proteins with a discerning attitude. I check all of the labels... all of them to see what is headed for my stomach and veins. SUGAR will be destructive to your whole being. Of recent times I stopped the "Potato-ship." No more LAYS as delicious as they may be. Salty and sassy, potato chips can be like a temptation

Animal fat can too "put us in the Box!" Traditions of pan fried salt pork are anathema to us all. Fruits and vegetables are winners. I just returned from DOLLAR General with jugs of Tomato Juice and V-8 Splash Smoothies  Tropical Colada, Cottage Cheese and soups.  Twenty bucks for a "weeks supply." I never eat out as I just don't have the extra money nor do I imbibe. I think I should consume more water..my urine is a "high yellow!" LOL

I rarely at snacks. Peanut Butter and Saltines are my latest secret.

As an Estate Auctioneer I have cleaned out dozens of kitchens throwing away so much. I remember one estate that had can goods in the basement dating back to the Fifties./ I have witnessed so many refrigerators chuck full of food.. for what? A rainy day? Come on. Right now the biggest thing in my 'Fridge is a turkey in the freezer. I promised Josh it is his and I will cook it for the Joshua Potvin family!

The expediency of everything today tells me "maybe you should live off the food in your fridge for a month.. then throw it away. Spoilage of all kinds is a killer.. it's a waste of money. If it's not n your "Ice Box" you can't eat it! Gluttony is more than a sin...it is hazardous to your health.. and yes, to your family... SO.."resolve I will eat and drink less and enjoy my life more.

No comments:

Post a Comment