Wednesday, January 20, 2016

THE EAGLES' EAGLE HAS SUNKEN INTO DEATH..GLENN FRY

Glenn Frey is giving us in 2016, what the Early Rockers did in the Fifties. I was just a teenager and every aspect of my independence then,  as I do now. You know it's hard to keep a good man down. I think all of music tweeks our brains and our cotton-picking souls. The marketplace is flooded with all Genres of music.  LPs still are everywhere.. so are 45s.. not so much 78rpm.s They are heavy and vulnerable.

I was driving through Tatnuck Square this afternoon and noticed an "Album Shop." gotta check it our. Ben- Son and I are  music Geeks. Son Josh is a cowboy and now he lives on a small ranch. Wouldn't surprise me if someday hew owns horses. Several of my new friends are horse lovers while others are full of "Road Apples."...You know, the things that horses leave in behind from their behinds. In Cheyenne and Laramie, where I lived for less than6 months  .."I dreamed I was a cowboy" as Denver sung. Josh has my "Frontier Days " brass puckle assembly.. 1999.

I was introduced to the Morgan  breed when I dated Diane 55 years ago. We used to ride down Fullam Hill Road..Oh yes, "the days of my youth were the days of my glory." Then at St. Louis U I attended 'Bridlespur"   Most of all, the famed Clydesdales owned and bred by Anheiser Busch proved to be such entertainment as the team trotted around the perimeter of Busch Stadium. The organ music was set to the tune of trotting  Clydesdales. 'Missie-Baby-Girl' is another equestrienne  as is 'Angel-Baby- Verizon Girl." I like horses...whinny..

But then again, I hike horsepower... and will leave it at that.

Today I played EAGLES exclusively all day as I drove everywhere. Seriously, the Late Glenn Frey will surface.. even to make the Cover of Time and all other rags. The media thrives on controversy. Just look at the Donald a tne incredibly old, ELIZBETH II. But what will be the future of it all? In reading 100 year old North Brookfield Journals..1916..when print photography emerged and ads for the STAR THEATRE, NB, ushered in a new entertainment ..the talkies.

"Hang On Sloopy".. maybe, just maybe, ...the best is yet to come.

 I cannot say enough good about the Eagles music.

1 comment: