Thursday, January 14, 2016

MAKE SOMEONE REALLY HAPPY!

First of all I sing the praises of my new Sturbridge friends. They are young, friendly, educated and bring happiness to this old Blogger. Really.  They help me and maybe I help them. My job is to mentor folks. This powerful word means to teach.. to guide and maybe to inspire. Today we are each others servants and as life goes on we will rely and depend on this marvelous group.

Teaching is not preaching but to encourage and guide... slow to anger...positive thinking! You help me.. I help you. This is my life's philosophy. But today we are choking on advanced technologies.bn Right now I have my spanking new SmartPhone playing Rev. Norman Vincent Peale. This minister was the guru of life's message: make someone happy!

When folks are happy their soul lights up like the Statue of Liberty illuminated., We don't have ulcers or headaches. We don't try to escape our problems. Instead we override our life challenges. Why do you think my hair is white? It's normal and natural... so is my advancing baldness. So what. I wear a hat as is the cheapest hairpiece money can buy. Just ask "Johnson" and his Indiana Jones soft hat.

Vanity is so expensive. The key is to outgrow your self-conscious ways. I love being natural. I love nature and I love human nature. But wait "my destiny calls me."Yes, I am working overtime and continue to lose weight. 190 lbs. I am aghast at the price of every thing. $3.50 for cottage cheese! Almost five bucks for a gallon of chocolate milk! Pass.

The more I live, the more I like what I see. Yes.. tomorrow in the cumulonimbus clouds not in life's gutters. Temptations are rampant. Too much of this... too much of that. Too much of everything. So what will we do? Live smartly. Live wisely. If you trip and fall .. brush yourselves up and get on with it. Yes, at one point or two I went through the wringer. Through the grace of God and miracle medications I feel I am living to capacity. I sleep less and I do more! For me, every day is a holiday. I embrace my life and all the good things that are in it.

I have had many mentors over my 73 years.. Doc White.. Frank Cooke.. Father Faherty.. Father Bosken..J. Irving England.. Most of all my loving parents. They steered me straight by example and "nipping my ears" as old Tom Staradoj once said to me. Tom raised 2 sons who impressed me.I asked..'What about discipline in rearing sons. You just read his advice about nipping ears like I saw Doc McCarthy, veterinarian did in 1955. I also saw him nip a few tails of dogs and maybe take a nip or two! Amazing. I have been a trainee of life all of my life and today is no different.

Along the way I have fallen and learned how to get back on my feet like again as Michael Bolton so passionately sings. And if you are lucky, as I am," mixing business with pleasure" truly allows me the opportunity to make someone happy. Thanks for reading my blog; please pass the word along...make me happy!!! LOL.





















No comments:

Post a Comment