Monday, January 11, 2016

HOW TO SAVE MORE MONEY - NOW!

Debt is a strangler to freedom. Nothing feels better than Financial Independence . Steve Dauphinais said 4o years ago.."Bob, there are two kinds of humans in America.. SAVERS AND SPENDERS." I have been both.  This alternative way to freedom is to make double mortgage payments every month. Years "having a mortgage burning party" was real; today, the only burning in a home is the fireplace.

We have been through all aspects of banking .'Paying-Down is not the same as "Paying Off."... nor is being pissed off. LOL. Electronic Banking of 2016 scares me. You just cannot hide behind a "Bank Float." Bingo.. gottcha. So what do we do? Reverse Mortgage? I don't know. Inherit some money in a windfall? You know what.. "Pay off the mortgage. "But bad habits fall hard. SWIPE THE MAGIC DRAGON.

 This Made in China crap seems to be forever like the USPS stamps. If you have not watched PBS CD "HUMANITY FROM SPACE"  please do yourselves a favor. The disc is so insightful into the truth.I speak from having a small amount of wisdom and a whole hell of a lot practicality. I am a lucky guy as I have blogged in the past. We can lose everything without even trying. "Cool your Jets, man."

What about your food bills? Today's food prices are scandalous. In my era, meatloaf reigned supreme.. Gene's Market on School Street, North Brookfield where I bought 3 pounds of Hamburg for .99! It was only when I started working LaBelles Food Center where a new Hibachi Grill welcomes a Porterhouse or three. Before charcoal briquettes we pan fired Rump steak.. and chewed and chewed and chewed. Then I discovered Filet Mignon, shrimp and yes, Lobster. I also learned how drink beer when I was 18.

These habits are not necessarily "the way to happiness." As the Late Wayne Dyer espoused "Happiness is the way." Brother Johnson says "We create our own happiness" Obviously being a High Roller is his cup of tea.

I think we all must shed some "fat" in our ways of living. Call me what you want...I have a thick skin!

I see where Pete Bouchard, Meteorologist, has jumped ship to NECN. Good luck, Pete, you are amongst the best. I notice where the days are getting... and yes, the season is getting stronger. Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? I'm loving it.. aching joints and all. Blogging is a good case for minor ailments. Sit up, BobbyP.

Bye














- bye Birdie!

No comments:

Post a Comment