Wednesday, January 13, 2016

HELLO SNOWBIRDS!

Hello snowbirds where ever you are you are: Florida, Arizona.. Hawaii.. Winter is truly here. It is colder than cold and I am hot! Busy beaver blogging away at 2016. New ideas coming every day to ensure you of some information in this Information Age and beyond... but where are we headed?.to hell in a handbasket?

 Power-Nothing. Forget it. Give me your investments and I will pocket them like Minnesota Fats did. I saw him once .. maybe in St. Louis? No matter where I go... there I am. I am a believer in the future of things. Wherever you may be get a copy of "Humanity from Space"..PBS and watch it and be inspired.

Son Josh was an "early shoveler" here at the Poodle." Thank You."..

Was in New Braintree visiting my old friend and brother..Deny Long. Quite the farmer and entrepreneur. In meeting with Deny I began to reminisce about old BOYHOOD FRIENDS.. So many are gone today: Richard Gagnon, Andre' Foucault, Ronnie Stackow, Wilbur, etc. Boyhood friends such as Mr. Long and Mr. Johnson, "Hammy" Hirbour,  add great dimensions to our advancing years.. truly wise men today. But I don't know... are some of us fools?

"A fool and his money departs ways." Temptations today seem 100 times worse than our formative years growing up in the fifties. ." The nuns chastised some girls for wearing "tight sweaters." Today so many "goofs" hardly wear clothes. But that's in the Summer. I wear layers of cotton and wool. Some people here in the north freeze their asps off. Not good.

I spent one winter in Florida.. in Titusville across the Indian River from NASA. Yes it got cold but the best feature in living in Florida was the smell of mowed grass in January. Real nice.

But to the  stout-hearted enduring this cold crap will come the redolent smells of flowers and Spring. I can hardly wait.

Met a guy from San Francisco once.. a doctor.. who espoused folks who live in in colder climes like the "shot" that cold weather gives us. It invigorates our spirits. I agree.. just dress for it. In all seasons I try to be "the man.".. ups and downs and all around. Tonight I have my readings about the Ford Motor Company.."Its First 100 Years." Should be good as I wrap myself in the afghan my mom made in her effort to Warm Up America. Remember blog readers...life is only what we make it....Carry on my friends.. but go easy on the snacks.


More books to Son Ben & Allison....one of my auction trainees. SOLD!


















No comments:

Post a Comment