Saturday, January 16, 2016

ARE YOU FIRING ON ALL EIGHT CYLINDERS?

Are you firing on all eight cylinders in your life and living? This may be a provocative question to some yet the analogy is superb. Take a fine motorcar.. when it is out of sync it needs a tune-up. How about our lives. Are we going around like a chicken who has his head loped off? I think your lives can and should be fine-tuned. All mechanical things of the past seemingly depended on lubrication, maintenance and  care. Neglect and you may pay the piper.

 Weight control is tantamount in living the good life. Get fat.. get lethargic.. and get in trouble. I was a quasi - medic in the Vietnam debacle. Never forgetting Captain Thomas Hudson Mosses laments about "obese old ladies," there is merit in Captain Moss criticisms. But aren't our brains and bodies like a new vehicle's motor? Proudly, I am blessed with healthy children from age 44, almost, down to my beautiful "Baby Girls, Evelyn and Savanna. ages 2 and one.

























... Their middle names are Grace and Hope.. maybe!?

 In reality, "Junk Food" is the killer... yes the killer.. Please read the labels on everything you consume. SUGARS ARE TERRIBLE KILLERS not to mention tobacco.. Two generations ago farmers and laborers went to bed tired. .. No tossing or turning... they were exhausted and had to charge their human batteries every night. It has taken me a lifetime to learn how to divvy my waking moments to a peaceful slumber. Too much sleep and adjudicate the goodness of your day. Insomnia is a bitch. Like the song says.. "Tossing and Turning."

I credit the Veterans Administration and Sue Burchman, RD, a Licensed Dietitian in Worcester for helping me to shed many unwanted pounds. over 20. Yes, it took time, and today it's "a brand new me." Go ahead.. and 'Pig Out." Not good. Maybe you are a good candidate for Doctor Graces "Push-away method.".. just push away from the table..."PORTION CONTROL " awareness is also great. Sure, I had some strawberry ice cream earlier but I didn't eat the whole Tub! For years I blamed my incredible recipe of daily medications. No more of the blame game. It's not necessarily about anything. Having your body run on eight cylinders is cognitive... Look it up wordsmiths.

"When you feel good you don't feel bad". Our goals are to feel great great like Tony-The -Tiger.
And as I've mentioned in the past....Get some Prell and give yourself a mental shampoo"!. AND please don't get discouraged. It has taken me say 5 years to get where I'm at in  my life's equation. The YMCA has a motto of " Body.. Mind.. And Spirit.".. Gillette had a great one "Look Sharp, Feel Sharp..Be Sharp!" Are you with me?  You better be...LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment