Friday, January 8, 2016

AN OLD APPLE GETS POLISHED TO A SHIMMERING WHITE ANDROID

It's official, old Bob's getting a shimmering white Android SmartPhone courtesy of Son Josh. Both of my sons are of the Rock Star quality and that makes me feel good. Today I bought a copy of Sleepless in Seattle CD and  old Jimmy Durante and his inimitable style of singing and story telling makes me feel young "Young At Heart!"

My weight is melting away down from 216 to 190 pounds over the past ten years. "Portion control" can be your secret to size 6. I enjoyed more of my gourmet fish baked in butter and Georgia pecans. Now I am tackling Haagen  Dazs ( which has no meaning) Coffee Ice Cream and man is it creamy.. 19 g of sugar. just don't eat the whole pint. (14 oz)...DG.

 My day bloomed like a vermillion rose in Springtime. No checks in the mail! So what. Swipe..swipe..swipe. Dry cleaners bill was formidable...over $30. So what. Two trips to Sturbridge where I weaken..Walmart, TJX and Staples. New black driving gloves and a LEVIS Western Snap Button special..Subdued blue and black block design. Had to have it ..twenty bucks. Old habits are hard to break.   swipe, swipe, swipe!

Got an astronomy book for the kids at The Book Bear..Also got word from the VFW in Boston. The astronomy book is entitled The 50 Best Sights in Astronomy and How To See Them.. c. 2007.

Can't say enough good about Angel and the Salvation Army in Spencer. I have ben frequenting the place lately and bought an iJuke Crosley for a song. Need an iPod to dock or Son Josh to get the tunes streaming. Neon lights and all..I can visualize the grandkids beaming as it streams. Kids love music, you know.

My new phone number will be my old number... 508-867-3360...killing my Charter phone Please don't call after 8:00 Dr Dey!
Showed my iJuke baby to several friends. They all love it. Bob likes toys... inexpensive toys with meaning. The latest in High Definition can be bought at Walmart. Cheap.  The latest and the greatest are 4k..whatever that means. From what I read Cable tv is on the ropes. Shop around.

My new deentures are settling in. Todaay, the best so far. Maybe I'll be able to have a Happy Apple? My new white phone makes this old man happy. Thanks Josh!

I detest winter.. so dark and so cold. Josh warns of the Polar Vortex coming. I can hardly wait. The secret to it all is by keeping busy. You can override the Winter blahs by getting our. No snow to inhibit travels. I travel down the Podunk Pike all the time thinking of Senator Philip A. Quinn. I was just a kid when I met the Spencer politician. Highway 49, 49 years later marvels in its 9 mile stretch.

And so it goes. As Jimmy would say  and sing "Make Someone Happy!".. and Ink ka Dink a Doo. 

Note Well!  My old blogs can be found on "Mydeclarationofindependencefromthetelegram.com"
All new ones under this site of  http//poodle999.blogspot.com







No comments:

Post a Comment