Tuesday, January 19, 2016

CLEARLY GLENN FREY WAS "OUR NEW KID IN TOWN.'

Mr. Glenn Frey was once "our new kid in town." Folks don't realize itbut many of the obituaries are written I advance.. even years or decades. Individual news services from the New York Times to the New York Post have expansive obituary data-base so when the death occurs nobody is 'caught with their pants down.

The New York newspapers were ready for Glenn Frey's passing yesterday. So was I. This kind of news truly saddens the music world around the planet. The Eagles flew everywhere.




."Down Under" (Australia) and all. The Times obituary is most revealing ..page B-14.. as "Eagles Founding Member." Glen left wife Cindy and children Taylor, Deacon and Otis. These fine names have meaning to me.

Songwriters are poets, philosophers, showmen, and most of all human. Son Ben and I really had front row seats to see The Eagles perform as Ben and I wrote yesterday. What I didn't know as revealed in the Times obit was  " an underestimated reason for the success of The Eagles was their  perfectionism,  especially Mr. Frey's. Understandable. Me? I am a pragmatist I learned from my father. "close enough."

Perfectionism can paralyze us.....we strive for perfection and may fall on our faces. Isn't perfectionism about good judgment?

Today I drove about 100 miles from Sturbridge and Southbridge to Wilbraham. I stopped by The Tenczas.. always good to see. I sought the Salvation Army nearby on Route 20. I am dazzled by their vast collection of books. Amazing and "priced to sell." I reviewed the inventory and chose one book. ..Webster's  Dictionary for my seamstress, Pam. One good deed deserves another.

The anticipated stormy weather is beginning to stir our meteorological souls. I guess we must have a "wait and see" attitude. Richard Johnson, fellow Don Kent fan writes about local tornados and other good things.  What say, Richard? Check your " Poor Richard's Almanac!

Son Josh and wife Heidi have a new skating pond in their front yard on Birch Hill. I think their new property is wonderful where the kids can grow, share with friends and study the stars. Our lives are so complex today it isn't funny. Don't try to keep up with the Jones as the Jones have their share of problems.. We must live together and love one another and my parents impressed in me at a young age.

Glenn Frey was raised by his Detroit family instilling goodness. "Glenn took piano lessons from age 5'His mother baked pies at General Motors; his father an auto factory worker." according to the Times. Tabloids and the USA Today play different tunes. IF you are really interested in The Eagles, as Son Ben and I are...the DVD is superb over the earlier CD. When you watch you are engaging your eyes, your ears and your souls. So..

"TAKE IT EASY!'

Wicked cold, Wicked Windy and Wicked Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment