Monday, January 25, 2016

LBJ WAS JEERED ON A CAMPAIGN SPEECH IN ST. LOUIS 1964

I was there, in the crowd, on the streets  of downtown Saint Louis with "our president at the mike." Old LBJ began reading a prepared text when disruption began. The very large crowd began to yell and screeam..LBJ was jeered. and cried out with mockery and derision... I was there. I couldn't believe what I saw and heard. The Saint Louis crowd turned on the Big Man.. to the point he lost his composure.

As the booed, Johnson paused. he then ad-libbed:  " I know when I get back to my LBJ Ranch on the  banks of the Perdinales River in Johnson City, Texas, on Election Day, the voting will put me back in office.

Johnson was correct as was the crowd. This was the beginning of the end of the Great Society.

Our society seemingly has never regained its composure.
THE TALL TEXAN  -LBJ

THE GATEWAY ARCH  ST. LOUIS  630' HIGH

CROCKER NYE POTVIN AT THE SPRING

TATTERED AND TOWN.. LONG MAY SHE WAVE


PRESIDENT JOHNSON SHAKES THE HAND OF BLOGGER BOB POTVIN FEB 14, 1964

No comments:

Post a Comment