Tuesday, January 5, 2016

EDWARD MOORE KENNEDY INSTITUTE BOSTON

When I tell people "I'm going to Boston" invariably they sympathize with me! I say no, wait a minute I rise above all of the fray by saying I pretend I am a tourist! I LOVE BOSTON from the Federal Reserve to Fenway Park. I have lived at the Veterans' shelter on Court Street to trading in scrap gold and rare coins. Boston is scintillating to me.

Today was my back-up trip as I had to have another Lithium sampling of my blood at Mass General Hospital. Everything went according to Hoyle. Parking at MGH is cheap: $10 for patients with patience. Today, I walked to the JFK Building and spoke with Mark G. Allen of the VFW. As a Vietnam veteran I have privilege and am respected. We shall see on my claim activity.

The highlight of my Boston Tuesday was found at Columbia Point at the Kennedy Institute. The experience blew me away. Brand spanking new, the EMK Institute is a marvel of Massachusetts and the Free World. The theme of being a Senator is geared for folks of all ages. The three docents..Pam, "Lucy Baines"  and Russ truly made me feel at home...of course I was the one of a few in attendance on this blustery cold day.

Everywhere I went, the SmartPhones were in hand. Amazing how we have transformed the world in communications. What I appreciate about this Kennedy Enterprise is that my grandchildren will be visiting the museum and "Playing Senator." Everyone gets a Tablet and it is all down hill from there. Teddy Kennedy displays including his works of art will inspire you. Documents displayed in a professional fashion bring out the best of Senator Kennedy who served on Capitol Hill for some 47 years.

I have fond, fond, .memories of Senator Edward Kennedy and what he did for me. I corresponded with the Senator on several occasions over his lifetime. Senator Kennedy always answered my fan mail. The kicker of my life came in the way of being appointed a National Park Ranger during the Summer of 1964.This awesome job gave me so many insights into The Cape, Hyannisport and my friend "Red" Lee who knew Teddy personally as he knew The President and Bobby.

The Kennedy Legacy can be found throughout the Land. In Worcester is the Edward M. Kennedy Health Center. When I had teeth it is here where I went.

The Kennedys are about caring. Their  is inspiring. A visit to the Kennedy Institute is a must. The gigantic TV screen brings the senate to life. The individual tablets allow you to have your picture taken and shown on the big screen. In the near future I shall return to Columbia point and say hi to my new docent friends and maybe learn a thing more or two or three!  The Kennedys were the only ones to serve in the U.S. Senate having 3 brothers...Jack, Bobby & Tedddy.Thanks for your warm welcome, folks.

In other matters it was 2 above when I pulled onto Route 9, West Brookfield.





1 comment: