Monday, January 4, 2016

JFK MORE POPULAR THAN LINCOLN, MLK OR TRUMP!

Fifty two years after the killing of John F. Kennedy in cold blood, John F. Kennedy lives on in our memories. But why? Good looks? Yes. Charming/ Yes. Intelligent? Yes. Wealthy? Yes. President Kennedy touched the world. everybody loved his style. He was a supreme orator as evidenced by his speeches. Kennedy knew who he was. And yes, he was a playboy.

I lay on my bed at college when the Cuban Missal Crisis came to roost. I had a little transistor radio next to my ear thinking ;I will serve if I am called. I followed Kennedy closely while in college. I wanted to be like the man!

He said "Let the word go forth" and it did. Jackie, too was a charmer and a beauty. The two suffered crisis for being so young.. but they endured.

Abraham Lincoln, too had his problems with melancholy (depression.) Mary Todd Lincoln was a spendthrift. They lost a boy while in office. We idolize our heroes. Photographs and images on coins and currencies persist. Today's technologies blew us away in every way. Television perpetuates and reinforces our memories. This is good for posterity.

How will history judge these men 100 or 200 years from now? Will they get lost in the fray or will they prevail? I think they will prevail along with new heroes.





No comments:

Post a Comment