Monday, January 18, 2016

THE MUSIC OF THE EAGLES

The Internet is singling the memories of a man who, perhaps, crafted a global awareness of what our lives may be....' A PEACEFUL EASY FEELING." It really takes a lifetime to study and enjoy all music. The Eagles were eagles as their name indicates. The American Spirit is that of an eagle from my 1933 Chevrolet Coupe'..an "Eagle" to Armstrong's comment from the Moon's surface.."The Eagle Has Landed."

Coin collectors and investors know what Eagles are and Double Eagles...$20 gold pieces. Boy Scouts also understand what it means to achieve Eagle Scout. Tommy Sokol knows! Back to the Eagles.. "Their Greatest Hits, 1971-1975 is the SECOND-BEST SRELLING ALBUM of all time.. The Eagles Spirit. Can you name the first? The Eagles blend of rock and country music influences fueled their success with hit songs like "Desperado" and Take It To The Limit."

 I think Glenn Frey was "the leader of the band."...Don Henley to a greater extent. I know, these guys performed as did the BeeGees. Heavy-Hitters s Paul Langevin once said many times over. But what makes a "heavy hitter' in life? Drunk and disorderly? Redeem your lives people I am a reformed man and proud of it Decades  have passed since I indulged..tobacco.. alcohol. never any drugs..You don't give into 'bad habits'.. your are challenged to overcome them. You will live longer... and happier...hopefully.

We need to be more philosophical. If you don't know what it means LOOK IT UP! I THINK PHILOSOPHERS MAY LIVE LONGER. DA.  No tissy-fits!.. and no back- stabbing. You can throw daggers as my grandmother did to my grandfather when he "broke wind"..LOL. Fart..you know!

Back to The Eagles. I have them in my blogging office right now! Three year old 65' HDTV.. blasting away on my gigantic Sony speakers. It is better that my 6th row seat at the Centrum with Son Benjamin several years ago. There really is no fantasy in good music. Just look at Ludwig. His Sixth Symphony. ."The Pastorale" turns me on as does his Ninth. Never heard of them? learn as I did. Music appreciation comes from our minds and our souls

The world's loss of Eagle Glenn Frey is mind boggling. I have 1 DVD and 1 Eagle CD. I am all set.. for entertainment for years to come. A portable DVD player isn't a bad idea. Got one"? "The Boys of Summer".. The Eagles' music has emblazoned musical memories for more than a moment. Since 1917 when Glenn and Henley founded their group have they soared into life's stratosphere....

My deepest to Mrs. Frey and their 3 children.. I guess 'Hell Has Frozen Over!" According to my sources and that of the blogosphere.. AKA Wikipedia. .the group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. Mr. Frey's passing is sad ,as Mike L, and Nancy D.  just posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment