Monday, January 18, 2016

AN EAGLE HAS FLOWN INTO THE HEAVENS - GLENN FREY..RIP

The Eagles easy listening will live forever, but unfortunately, as with all of life.. we live, we love
 and if we are lucky, we'll live to a ripe old age.. then die. Glenn Frye was young, born in1948, his death news circled the globe. just now. Son Ben got the news 20 minutes earlier.

The list of Eagle hits is truly formidable.  HOTEL CALIFORNIA, PEACEFUL, EASY FEELING, LYIN' EYES, TEQUILA SUNRISE, HEARTACHE  TONIGHT and   slew more, impressionable and then some.*****+

The Eagles are an acquired taste in Pop Music  ..  I  have their FARWELL TOUR filmed in Australia I bought when I was working at CIRCUIT CITY in Millbury in 2006. I paid $26 for the dvd only to learn Walmart was selling them for nine bucks. 'Return to Sender!"

As I grew in wisdom of Eagles tunes, I learned from Son Ben he met Don Henely while he was attending college at Seton Hall.. this was in NYC! It was then I learned the names of the four Eagles: Glenn Freye, Don Henely,  Joe Walsh and the long-haired Eagle, Timothy B. Schmidt.

Face it, the Eagles were rebellions of the 60s seeking achieving fame and fortune and they did it. The world was their oyster until they fought and separated. I take exception to this life-style as my fate lied in service to my Country and 12 months and 12 days in Vietnam. I seriously wonder where the dissidents of the Sixties are today?

,For The Eagles, their fabulous music lives. In my own way I will salute Glenn Frye. I witnessed him close-up at the Centrum a while back with Son Ben. 'Big bucks" for a sixth row observation. At the time the four of them "looked like undertakers" all dresses in black.. maybe with jet-black died hair? Too many memories about the Eagles. The dvd is entitled "Eagles Farwell Tour I..Live From Melbourne, Australia.". a place I once was in 1967 on my R & R. Not bad, Boppot!

Eagles music is so overwhelmingly great......"One Day At A Time!" and be careful of your "Lyin' Eyes!"  How about the estate fighting over $90 million . Money, Money, Money! ABBA!  I'm afraid The Eagles lived in the FAST LANE!







1 comment:

  1. Nice tribute, Dad! The cost of the tickets at the Worcester Centrum to see the Eagles in 2008 in the 6th row has long since been forgotten, as you said it would. I'm paying my respects today with Eagles music too.

    ReplyDelete