Friday, January 29, 2016

' THE ANTIQUARIAN SOCIETY & BOB POTVIN'S BLUETOOTH .JBL PULSE2

You can call me hip because I am at age 73.5 years today. LOL. Thomas Edison rings my chimes and the wonderful literary resources found at Worcester's American Antiquarian Society ( library) are revealing. From the get go from Elizabeth P to Andrew B I am having massive doses in fun. Allow me to explain.


The Age of Advanced Technologies sends shrills up my spine. I have grown in U.S. History from reading Historic American Newspapers an line and Connie Mack to finding today's vein of pure gold. A little booklet of 15 pages  ' THE PHONOGRPH and ITS INVENTOR THOMAS ALVAH EDISON AND A MEMOIR OF ITS INVENTOR by Frederick Garbit of Boston published this "baby" in 1878. A phenomenal find of yours truly.


In 1965 as a rookie for Aetna Casualty & Surety -390 main street, Worcester I was given a new leather school bag and a portable" Ediphone" Dictating Machine! This machine came with paper-thin plastic records the size of a 45 rpm. I inserted it.. dictated my investigative reports and gave them to whiz typist, Ethel Strange. Ethel was the absolute best.


From my "fast talking ways" I produced a 9777 Claim Report. Ina day or two my typed report ( in triplicate) came to Elsie Brogan for separation. Kay Broderick also handled the distribution of my reports. The amazing thing is I did not realize the impact of one Thomas Edison in my life. I was young..22 and wet behind the ears.


Today, upon discovering this amazing little booklet I have been catapulted into 'Advanced Edison research and I love it." In a sea of love Thomas Edison was truly a whale. My new Smart Phone is smarter than I realized. Sons Ben and Josh are totally behind Dad in his quest for truth.


Also, today I learned of the Christa McAulliff  Museum in Concord, NH. I do believe I am heading North on Monday as I want to get a closer look at Presidential hopeful, Carly F.  I guess I am connected to the right resources and yes,  Bob is wireless. Never did have braces on my teeth. LOL.


Met a nice lady at WENDY' as I devoured a bowl of Chili. This lady is all about CATS. Meow.


No car show for me. My find at the AAS on Edison preempted  all further needs in the City.. Thank God I'm A Country Boy!





















No comments:

Post a Comment