Wednesday, January 13, 2016

HOW TO WRITE GOOD LETTERS AND GET RESPONSES

 Having good grammar is not brain surgery. For some 50 years I have penned letters to the Rich and Famous and have gotten results... damn good results. My letters are not the 'Funeral  March Of A Marionette'   Alfred Hitchcock's theme!

To begin with you must direct your message "you and yours. The tone of your letter will determine your response. Hate-mail as GHWB calls it will end up in the circular file.. the basket. Traditionally written letters get responses... either a written response, a form letter, and yes today E-Mails. Being a collector of many sorts has gotten me success.

Get a dictionary if you don't know how to spell ; get a dictionary if you do. I just can't emphasize how important it is to know the exact meaning of words including the 7 words you used not be able to use on TV. George Carlin tells them. I laugh as everybody swears... unless you have a mouthful of marbles!

At any age communication rules supreme in our lives. Are you a "conversational cripple?" A Thesaurus can serve you as the eight wonder of the world.   'Return To Sender"... we all know who sang that. The advancing Computer Age poses a threat to Millennials , in particular, some who 'don't know much about Geography, etc. The "educated class" will always be the preferred class! What's your class? Mine?  I try to be First Class... and at age 73 I continue to work at life, my vocabulary, my lifestyle..etc.

What a wonderful way to spend a Winter's night entrenched in bitter cold. Add some clothes and please forget about powerball. Resolve you will learn ten new words in this January. If not.. shame on you. No bullship either. Sesquipedalian = equals a person who uses long words like me! LOL In doubt" "Look it up like me."

18 degrees at 7:10 P.M. Brr










No comments:

Post a Comment