Tuesday, January 12, 2016

MY LONGFELLOW WALK AND NAP AT THE HOSPITAL

Mark Twain once wrote: "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Well, I walked back from the MIT Museum by way of the famed Longfellow Bridge spanning the River Charles from Cambridge to Boston. The museum seemed somewhat lackluster with all of the robots. Edwin Land wont the prize for the fantastic display of Polaroid Cameras. For that bright and shining moment from WWII to the Seventies Polaroids covered the land with pictures we peeled from the back of devices then had to apply a sticky sealer. Not to today. "Smile!" take a selfie with the handle on it. Amazing.

The cast iron bridge of the Longfellow is ornate with fleur de lis.. I love it but did not enjoying  walking two miles back to Mass General. It was bitter cold and did I work up an appetite for a bowl of warm lentil soup. Nice. Then I walked to the pharmacy, sat down and had a nice nap. No body bothered me. Earlier I had some blood drawn for the third time in 8 days. A read in lithium. Results will be had in the morning... via Dr. Donna Diana.

Three prescriptions all the incorrect ones. Another trip to Beantown! So what. I love the culture in Boston.

The munificent Jeffrey Edison checked in and I visited his Korfil location... over the tracks in WB. Jeffrey is a good guy and has no need to wear a white hat as he has a headful of white hair, Lucky guy. He is a "giver" and pesented me with a spiffy lacquerware business card case. It is Korean















..Na-Jeon-Chil-Ki. The mother of pearl front is a prize in itself. Also, Mr. Semper Fi, himself presented me with two Vietnam war publications. I presented Mr. Nickerson with a book and travel guide about CANADA. An eye for an eye.. but because I no longer have a tooth to give I'll give Jeff a salute.

We got my Pulse2 speaker by JBL fired up and it is the great music I listen to that keeps my heart war. Thursday night at 5  I return to Verizon in Sturbridge to be further edified by the cast of mavens.

So how's your house cleaning going?" Dump it before it dumps us all."

Notice received from the U S Mint of the newly minted MARK TWAINS coins by the U.S. Government. Personally I would rather own historic U.S. coins but what do I know? Only have been a coin enthusiast, dealer and auctioneer since the first Powerball was launched. I think of Donald Trump as a power ball of sorts. The info on the Twain coins can be found on"catalog.usmint.gov" or 1-800-USA-Mint (872-6486.). Gold or silver.. Mark Twain reigns supreme in literary corners as the snow comes down.

My hike across the Longfellow bride calls for some Aleve then my pains will be "long gone!"Plows go by to the rhythm of the snow... just like Son Ben once wrote and got published on Casey Kasem's AT Top 40. There's nothing like music but more music on a cold January night. Can't seem to put this can of Pringles down. ." Jumping Jack Flash." I opt for a more quiet day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment