Monday, January 25, 2016

THE PARTY MAY SOON BE OVER FOR SOME OF US!

As I travel around Worcester County I am dazzled how our lives are changing by the minute. I just called Saint Louis and some clown from INDIA answered the phone. We are incredibly connected by the "NOW." Time is waiting for no man or woman and it seems our Patriotic veils ae very thin. The only loyalty to our flag is the picture of Washington... on the Almighty Dollar.

Earlier in my Monday I was at OI%*% Post Office when I saw a friend in passing. "How old are you now" I quizzed my friend "I'm ninety-five" was answer. So I asked "Who else in our community of West Brookfield is your age? "My wife! he said with great approval. I was thilled to have that moment in the sun with this WWII Veteran.

But how many Americans are approaching the 100 year mark in style? Too many folks are growing too old too fast. The killers can be tobacco and alcohol and cancer and a myriad of other diseases. I'm a lucky dude and dad. My weight seems to be in check as is my spirit and sleep habits... but you must remember I try to work at life.

I have tried to say "goodbye to sugar." No more Almond Joys in the PM... No more Wumpie Dumpies in the AM. Just had two dogs and two hard boiled eggs for supper. Some snobby friends of mine call it dinner. Oh my. Sorry, but I am a pure-bred Frog from Little Canada. I think class distinction has gone by the wayside except for those whose noses ae held high in the sky. Gimme a break.

Considering all of New England suffered from a "Sad Sunday in Denver" I managed to snag 60 Pageviews , enough to be housed in a county church. Yesterday I captured about 75. Spoke with my cousin, Paul A. Potvin 'The Pump Guy' just now. It was great talking with him about the good old days. My Uncle Al and Dad worked extremely hard building stick-built houses  eons ago. When people tell me " their family "worked so hard" I don't think these people really know what hard work is.

But to the point of this blog: WE HAD BETTER GEAR UP FOR THE HERE AND NOW. I'm hip, are you? I keep driving this point home as essentially I ignore the news, sports, and weather on the Boob Tube! Why? because I want to grow regardless of my age (73.5) I want someday be like my friend and wife at 95.As Joe Camarda said "I DON'T WANT TO TIP-TOE SAFELY THROUGH LIFE TO MAKE IT SAFELY TO DEATH".. Bob Potvin wants action and adventure. Our lives are as good as we make them.

End of sermon.
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

BLOG IN YOURSELF..LOL

RIGHT ON, THE SPIRIT OF '76

THE 'NEW AND IMPROVED 'BOB POTVIN BLOGGER

LIFE'S TIDES GO OUT ...THEN COME BACK POUNDING WITH OPPORTUNITIES

ARE YOU SELF-ACTUALIZING?

GET READY TO SEIZE SPRING WITH GUSTO!

THE ATOMIC CLOCK IS TICKING...LOL

HUBBLE, HUBBLE, HUBBLE


THE BOOK NOBODY AT NICHOLS COLLEGE WANTED

GOOD OLD HENRY

 
COOKE-STEVENS MANSION  NB

 
A GRIM REMINDER

No comments:

Post a Comment