Thursday, November 23, 2017

TO BUY A BIG SCREEEN TV OR NOT?

Television came into my life about 1949. Aunt Blanche and Uncle Freddie Charron  of North Brookfield, MA  were the second folks to have TV. I distinctly recall being invited over their home on  Ward St and watching KUKLA, FRAN, AND OLLIE...and John Cameron Swayzee "Hop Scotching the world." It may have been a FADA Television B & W.


The next memorable "television in my life came in 1968. I realized my folks would have otherwise would have a Zenith Colored TV. I had my Vietnam Money saved and bought one for them. I gave Lyman G. MacKenzie (Mac) a $500 bill and two One Hundreds! Our Bow Tie aluminum antenna (1952) with a round 12" B&W Screen and a Rotor and a Booster satisfied our growing electronic needs. Up until this time we had a Sears Console Radio. But that was then.


Back to 1958 a 17" Zenith came our way. From being table-top set, dad fashioned a cabinet and voila.. a handsome counsel. And remember all of these sets were tubes  and the picture tube was a Cathode Ray. "Johnson" a television genius used to earn a living by replacing picture tubes! Other tvs came into my life. Remote control was good in 1969. Tuning forks, etc.


MY HIGH DEFINITION LIFE


I'm Hip. Kizzle got me credentialed with the AP for John Glenn's second trip circumnavigating the Earth. October of 1998 For 9 days I traveled with S'Paul  learning all the nuances of Digital Photography in the space age. Better yet, High Definition was introduced at Cape Kennedy and transmitted all over USA. I attended a small symposium while at NASA!


High Definition was becoming a reality in my peripatetic life.


I bought my first High Definition in Nashua from Circuit City for $1,700 -a 40" job. Samsung, maybe? 'OPEN BOX' and saved hundreds.This is the trick for tomorrow's onslaught of


BLACK FRIDAY



I then jumped to a 50 inch "Baby" ..maybe LG. Five years later Mike Audette, retired banker, loaned me money to satisfy my quest. Thanks Mike. It worked.65" Toshiba Selling the old HDTV was another story. "Shit Happens" Now SonJosh and Chase-American are the new owners of TOSHIBA-Sheba. 65" for my Munchkins!


Now, less than 24 hours ago SONY Bravia was delivered by two "Brothers" for BEST BUY. TOMMY AND DREW...both strong and intelligent catapulted your Blogger into Outer Space! I'' lovin it.


I SAY BUY THE BEST FROM BEST BUY.SONY, IF YOU MAY. "You can never go wrong by doing the  right thing."


In making the leap to 65" to 85" delegate. The Millennials know the score.Today's World is radically different. "PUBLISH OR PERRISH!" My massive Sony is "lead dog" in my opinion. Why spend money at the Star Theater when you can have THE STAR  in your living. No need for Bessie, Leo Haowrd or Ernie Beaudette.OMG They boomed in World War II and the huge silver screen.


BOTTOM LINE: DECIDE.


I am having too much fun to think otherwise. get it? LOL


Robert Louis Potvin
Entrepreneur
Box 11
WEST BROOKFIELD, MA 01585


508-867-3360









No comments:

Post a Comment