Saturday, November 11, 2017

THE WHITE LION ROARS IN THE WHITE MOUNTAINS OF NH

Tomorrow morning this will be my first blog entry: MOUNT WASHINGTON- FIRST HANDEDLY!


15.4 degrees at 5:48 AM  11/11/17 West Brookfield Observatory, Blogger Emeritus Bob Potvin reporting.

So how did you sleep? I slept like a baby being up every two hours! LOL. Actually my rest was the best.

REMEMBER:

HEAT SEEKS COLD!

I am wearing my Shepard's outfit. Sheepskin coat and hat and a black Cashmere neck scarf. I am warm. Soon I will have a cup of Cocoa, get the New York Times at Country Corner and head for Boston.

MOUNT WASHINGTON REDUX

1963 Chapter 1.

I got a free ride you might say. A free ride up the famed Cog Railway to the 6,288 summit, free clinkers of coal all over my white nylon Saint Louis jacket and a kiss and handshake to my parents.
 Boston meteorologist, Don Kent, sent me into oblivion by reporting the weather on Mount Washington. I was loving it.. now I was doing it

Wind speeds atop MTW reached 234mps in April of 1934! In my month atop the Rock Pile I saw 90mph recorded on their Pito Anemometer. The chandeliers swayed and the piano-man, Russ M
Montgomery played on. Then like the storm in Beethoven's 6th Symphony a bolt of lightening cracked the iron rails outside my hotel window. Surreal!

LATEST CONDITIONS

Wind chill -33 degrees F.
Wind Speed 62 mph
Max 24 hour gust  105 mph
CLEAR



My latest Natinal Grid bill   $112.62 or $3.75 per day!




No comments:

Post a Comment