Thursday, November 23, 2017

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ATE THE WHOLE THING!"

Obesity in our society is transforming everything and everybody.. don't you think? There are lots of good folks walking or running but that's in the minority.I am proud to say both sons, Ben and Josh and wives and the Grand kids ae in top shape. The VA has a M.O.V.E program available around the Country.In Worcester Sue Burchman taught me how to shed 20 lbs. or so. Joshua looked at me 10+ years ago and called me a BILLIKEN,the mascot of my college.


Losing weight an keeping is cerebral. It is cognitive. It is very difficult until you alter your way of thinking about your eating habits. Many Americans hade a cup of coffee and a cigarette for breakfast. They then go to lunch starving then wolf down 2 Big Macs. Not me. I love to eat, don't get me wrong so I ask: Are you eating to live or living to eat Not funny.


You are what you eat! Sooner or later Mother Nature will send you her bill! Dr. Donna Greenberg of Mass General says "Eating Out Is Expensive., Mr. Potvin" I think of Donna as it applies to my own belly.

Smart Elderly will play the Fast Food game. I do. Just the other day at Tatnuck Square I had a coffee and a hamburger for something like $2.06! It works with Wendy's, Burger Kings and all of the above.


Now comes the penalty for gird. Elderly can suffer if they don't "police" their eating habits. I  suffered from this a wile back and Geofrey at Mass General said "That's easy.. PRILOSEC which is expensive and it works. Read the box.I buy OMEPRAZOLE from the VA taking 20MG 30 minutes before breakfast. Sure I have Tums for my Tummy IF I forget to take Omeprazole. As Mr. Leach used to say 'A WORT TO THE WISE IS SUFFICIENT!"


"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions" so resolve














I AM, I CAN AND I WILL REVERSE THE CURSE"


YES, YOU MAY BE EXCUSED!


Robert Louis Potvin
Army Medic  Vietnam
W. Brookfield, MA 01585


184 lbs and still kicking...but not as high! Dr. Louis Grace used to espouse the "Push-Away" Method....push yourself away from the table!



No comments:

Post a Comment