Friday, November 10, 2017

LOST & FOUND

I have switched gears in my quest. I'm blogging harder, I am blogging smarter, I sleep less as I strive to continue to be my own person. Luck was defined by a philosopher as where preparedness meets opportunity! Son Josh spoke the words recently. Today, Veterans Day proved to be a surprise for me. I drove cross-country to the VA Clinic in Worcester only to find the closed doors were locked! So what. I'm not surprised. What about sick people? VETERANS DAY.


My trip to Worcester Sound and Joe Tortorelli was truncated by a surprise call from the "Moonlight Gambler," Richard B. Johnson. Dick once wrote a book entitled THE "ABOMINABLE FIREBUG." Check it out! Johnson and I go back to Cub Scouts in North Brookfield and Mrs. Alice Green's Den on Ward Street, NB.


 Johnson and I are never short of words when we head South to the Tribes of CT.


Today was full of Aces. My Mecca, The American Antiquarian Society on Salisbury Street, Worcester obliged in my request of "Anything Brookfield!" My cup runneth over. I am finding enough vintage material to write a book.. an illustrated history book of THE BROOKFIELDS! With nearly everything digitized, I think it's a NO BRAINER.A 21st Century masterpiece if I do say.I have been in training for decades.


From your words of encouragement and maybe my sapient ways in US antiquity, The  Rea

Robert E. Bosken, S.J.
Fantastic Coin Collector
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Park Ranger 1964 Cape Cod
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


William B. Faherty, S.J. U.S. History Professor


l Deal will not be for the erudite per se but for your coffee table! We must document our fabulous history of the Brookfield's in a unique way as I see it:. a pragmatist I have been schooled by the finest.
I resurrected materials that are LOST...now they are FOUND. Hey, that sounds original! LOL


My mentors in my 75 years have given me two thumbs up in things. As Father Bosken once said "GO FOR IT, Bob !" And that I will. Doc Wight, Frank Cooke, Father Fahety, J. Irving England, Raymond Lenti and my loving parents to whom I shall dedicate my writings.


The following are about Three Sonnets written by Miss Frances Bartlett of Boston and read at the meeting of the Quaboag Historical Society, June 19, 1901


SONNET A.   QUABOAG POND

SONNET B. FOSTER'S HILL



SONNET C. WICKABOAG POND IN AUGUST

a sonnet is a poem of 14 lines.


THEN THE OLD TAVERN aka The West Brookfield House -Established in 1760./ Board per Dat $2.00 Rates per Week $4.50  George Messinger, Proprietor


There's a whole bunch of Manuscripts, Books, Photographs for my appreciation. I think such a book will fly.. I know it will.


THE AMERICAN ANTIQUARIAN SOCIETY LEADS OUR HISTORICAL PAST AND I'm loving it.


Richard Johnson met me at The Castle in Leicester. It was not a good day at the Slots. "People are looking for love in all the wrong places" as I see it. Cigar-smoking clowns top the list. TOPPER CIGARS bearing Connecticut Valley Broad Leaf Wrapers carry this cute message from The Surgeon General: "Cigars are not a Safe Alternative to Cigarettes." Cough, cough.
OMG.


Terribly Cold and Terribly Old yet I am a man with a plan! The 41st International Antiquarian Book Fair is tomorrow and Sunday. I'm going to the Hynes Convention Center!This will be my Saturday Cup Of Tea. Check out "bostonbookfair.com!" Then I may shoot over to the JFK MUSEUM & LIBRARY at Columbia Point.


As Sally Fields says 'We have but one life to live.'


I have discovered a scrumptious alternative to Chuck Eye Steak: Raisin Bran  with Lite Egg Nog & Fiber One. Insures regularity.



No comments:

Post a Comment