Tuesday, November 14, 2017

AUSTRALIA REDUX

AUSTRALIA - REDUX..


I love Australia!




Having flown to Australia 3 times.. first from Vietnam, second from Logan and third from JFK in NYC and having friends who lived in Australia, I have a certain sensitivity to the Land of OZ.

The continent of Australia is vast. Their population is fractional to the USA and Australia is #1. for travel in my mind. But you must prepare accordingly! I have traveled from Darwin down to Sydney then back up the coast to Cairns by Greyhound. Then I flew to the ACT (Australian Capital Territory). I saw the ASNZAC Memorial and noted the 501 deaths of Aussie Soldiers in the Vietnam War.

Today communications dazzle me. For a couple of years I SKYPED with my Late friend and Mate, Rod Bryar. I visited Rod in his Riverfront Farm in KIAH. I even went to a nightclub, Chequers in Sydney in 1967! Dusty Springfield was the hottest billing in town and I enjoyed her singing many hit songs we all know! Wishin & Hopin',You Don't Have To Say You Love me, I Only Want To Be With You, Son of A Preacher Man, The Windmills of Your Mind and others.

In Cairns it is my Tropical Heaven! I stayed with Gayle and John Anthony in their jungle home without windows!

Because Australia is distant to the East Coast of North America I say plan a 30 day vacation..Fly to LA or San Fran and take in a couple nights in Hawaii. We did in 1990. Most of all 'Tie Me Kangaroo Down!'


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN




No comments:

Post a Comment