Tuesday, November 28, 2017

NATIONAL AUCTIONEERS ASSOCIATION

  1. I had been a member for years. Ben and Josh and I attended NAA Conventions   in
  2. ATLANTA 1982 Our first Convention! Tommy Lasorda Pix
  3. HOUSTON 1983 (The Year if the Auctioneer) Rex Newcomb
  4. PHILDELPHIA Marvelous for kids to Learn
  5. ANAHEIM. CAL. Big Time...
  6. NASHVILLE Nashville and The Grand Ole Opry where LeRoy Van Dyke sung The Auctioneer song in person. Fantastic!
The Auctioneer Song came out in 1956 when I was a teenager. The lyrics melted my heart and soul as I stood watching COLBY JOHNSON - A Yankee Auctioneer. I knew then I wanted to be an auctioneer. But I had other priorities: education.


When I was 18 Mr. Johnson offered me to"take over "his auction practice!
I wasn't eady yet I followed Old Colby and the vociferous and outspoken and sometime crude P.R.Langevin!


Fast forward to 1974, living in Scituate with an Ocean View from Greenfield Lane on 3rd Cliff opportunity came my way. I would counselling with Father George Connolly and knew St. Mary's parish was to hold an auction. I said 'Who is going to be your auctioneer? "Len Dillon." But he got sick and I stood front and center and began. My life had been "in training for this moment!


Danny Sheehan, a fantastic photographer for The Boston Globe documented his Rookie and today I have a photo of that fateful day in June of 1974! I called the St. Mary's Auction for 10 years. My story may be read on line in the July, 1992 Rotarian Magazine with Sheehan photographs showing me in a straw hat and sons Ben & Josh. Read it! Check it out!


Continued tomorrow recapping some of my more salient sales. "ADVENTURE 












SonBen

Ben Again

Old Glory  The Symbol and beauty of being an American
We ae the envy of the World!

The Late Buddy Lane


NBSB


American Antiquarian Society


My first car  1933 Chevrolet  Paid $40 from Charlie Norcross






My Story
MAN" BOB POTVIN  has other accounts of excitement!


Col. Robert Louis Potvin
Estate Auctioneer AND other disciplines.
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01535

No comments:

Post a Comment