Sunday, November 12, 2017

MY NEW GEORGE WASHINGTON PROJECT

What a wonderful project to latch onto in the months ahead: GENERAL GEORGE WASHINGTON! At 6'2" and 200 lbs the Father of our Country once stayed at Ye Old Tavern, Route 9, West Brookfield. Less than 2 miles from my home! The Washington Legacy is formidable to say the least and the correct way to researching GW and MW is delving into the annals of the American Antiquarian Society, Worcester.


As a postage stamp collector and antique dealer, Washington's image is no stranger to me.In time I hope to reveal the 'Man on the White Horse to the World! How lucky to have so much at my fingertips!


So let us begin. Washington, too, had dental problems. Ahem. No x-rays 200 years ago. He was rich, had Slaves and who knows what. Tomorrow I begin.
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment