Monday, November 27, 2017

MY WILD AND WOOLEY TRIP TO BOSTON Nov.27, 2017

I awakened early and all my systems said "Go!" My goal was to ride the Commuter Rail from Union Station. My usual parking spot wasn't on my radar so I drove towards the Station's Garage. Bam. There was a orange cone dead center in the enty way. No problem, the exit way was open and I drove my Honda in! No Guts  No Glory.


It was "fun" watching all the Millennials glued to their Smart phones s if they were in another land. So what. I learn from the younger set... anywhere any time. Today I wore my new 100% blue blazer and grey trousers. Wonderful.


The Commuter Rail transports hundreds, maybe thousands every morning."Graftom, Westborough, Southborough, Wellesley, etc. then YAWKEY and South Station. I renewed friendship with the station concierge Kevin Greene. I am impressed in the hubbub and what Kevin offers the hurried each day. He's a garment merchant of CELTICS,PATRIOTS, Red SOX,LUGGAGE PORTER and more. I said to Kevin "Where's a good place to eat.?" He said "it's close-by at 215 Essex Street, Boston!


"Susan's Deli Of Course" is incredible...215 Essex St. The best breakfast I have ever had. Cindy serves as the "'Chief cook and bottle washer!" "Soap and water to go." LOL. Amazing as if Cindy was juggling two skunks and a bobcat with her unique style.. Not really. I ordered an Egg and Cheese and Sausage on an English Muffin. A class operation and her tip bucket was full of greenbacks.


You must go to the "Deli" AND take the Commuter Rail. I paid $11.50 RT on Senior Citizen discount. I just love the conductor ywith their flashy hats as they punch the tickets in ten ways. LOL


Windy as hell I chose to take a Cab.. And asked the driver the wrong question "Where ae you from." He went into a tirade saying" I AM AN AMERICAN AND TRY TO PAY MY BILLS" OMG.. Sorry.. and he still enjoyed his peroration. With a $.50 Fair I flipped him a crisp Hamilton and said "Keep the change. He seemed to change his tone.


Now my fun begins. The hurricane-force winds down-drafting from the 20  story building was incredible and I did not anticipate what was next. Security on State Buildings is tight. I went through the 1st degree. "Strip everything including your smile!" Man, I'm an old man. Everything is computerized and it took my Mass License and a raft to each my 11th Floor destination: DIVISION OF STANDARDS.


Then I'm hit in the ace by a clerk saying "Your Auctioneer Bond has lapsed." Near panic. She gave me a phonebook- type listing of all the bonding companies East of the Mississippi.


Wouldn't you know it, a humble soul in this office came out with my solution: :A.A.DORITY COMPANY, 262 WASHINGTON STREET, BOSTON. I SAY.."A FRIEND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED!!" Andy was truly on the ball! I returned to get my green Auctioneer License with a small boX of foil-wrapped chocolates as a token of my appreciation. ANDY, YOU DA MAN!


Down the UP elevator to the main lobby. Filled with State employees, NO BODY KNEW HOW TO GET OLD BOB A CAB! Not impressed until a Good Samaratan sensitive to my needs in the howling Gale went outside and found me a ride back to South Station! Thanks, Kid.


I stopped to visit at the VETERANS SHELTER AT COURT STREET, BOSTON, a place I called home for 16 months in 2001 and 2002. Veterans can obtain housing for 6 months.


I revisited my Buddy at South station until the train brought me back to the "Poem In Stone!"


MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!


Very truly accomplished,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
AUCTIONEER
MASS. LICENSE 2000
Box 11
W.B. 01585

No comments:

Post a Comment