Thursday, November 16, 2017

RAMBLING BOB POTVIN

Essentially we have 3 choices with television :SmartPhone,Tablet or a75" Smart TV.
The majority of Western Civilisastion is "over-watched." From Bow-Tie aluminum masts antennas to the huge Dishes of the early 80s we are more saturated than we could ever imagine.


I enjoy being on the "Bleeding Edge" of things. "Curiosity Killed The Kat" but not me. FORWARD EVER BACKWARDS NEVER! SmartWatches will tell you anything except if you are pregnant! LOL. More people than ever are adjusting to reality, like it or not. USA TODAY just came out with a special "NASA SPECIAL EDITION  "BACK TO THE MOON>" 96 pages   $4.95. Nice spread.One for my grandchildren! Movies are relaxing but not necessarily educational.


I suppose the competition in everything will, in time, see some corporate giants fall by the wayside but most will flourish. Beware of paying FULL PRICE for everything. The Dog-Eat-Dog world deserves close attention. BLACK FRIDAY COMING UP!


 Pity those who insist living in the Dark Ages, Get with the Program.


TODAY'ACTIVITIES 11/16/17


Because of the driving  and slick highways and a ton of rain .75 inches (no snow) and 41 degrees right now at 6.07 PM I was "Local" all day. Mt Postal mail box was reinstated. From #7 to #11 WB 01585. Quicker, safer and more practical  regardless of the $38 charge for 6 months. Postmaster Julie said "WELCOME BACK!" After transforming my dirty laundry to clean laundry in Warren I took care of business.


From the PO I went to WBES offering my LBJ/JFK materials. Colleen deferred to QRHS and Jeff. I'll be honored to share the historic materials with the student as I have Chase Robert in the 7th  Grade!


Next stop was sister Janets. Ray and Jan were having fun with Stevies Pups. I discussed the framing project in my desire to re-do my office. "After Thanksgiving." Next, I called on Paulette, an advanced photographer of the highest order. "NIKONS GALORE."I asked for some portraits of me wearing my many hats! She concurred.


Next, I went the back road to Ware. My discovery works! Up Bennett's Hill cross road in New Braintree left.. before the Police Academy... all the way to Gilbertville & the factories turning left to the Ware Airport, turn right. Church Street leads to main Street leads to Main Street. I went to the Ware Library. Very helpful.


No less than nine historic publications of EDDY'S photography of 1885.BARRE, NORTH BROOKFIELD, WARE, MONSON,  BROOKFIELD, PALMER, Etc. Original and waiting for Mike Lee, a big fan of my blog to discover these. You want History, you betcha. Local at that!


Before Ware it was  Hannaford Brothers. for some Chuck Eye Steak  $5.79. Today $3.99! Kevin The Butcher alerted me to this.  This cut of steak is rare...and limited! No pun intended. Rare, you know like a Rare Coin or a rare day in June! OMG.


Now it's bath time! But I did eat at SUBWAY in WB and devoured a "Reuben James" Sub and a choco-milk. Yum. Now you can pour my water, James.




R  LOUIS POTVIN


Small Town Big Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment