Saturday, November 25, 2017

P.R.LANGEVIN YOU S.O.B.!

April 11 1987 - The Big Red Barn Auction Gallery - North Brookfield, Mass.



I  came off having a fabulous in Clinton the day before. Col. Maurice Barfield fw up from Doerun, GA for the occasion. Barfield is a Feeder Farmer raising Heffers for the trade, He's overweight, rotund, a non-smoker and a Southern Baptist! Mary Hellen  , his wife of 50 years is intelligent and speaks in a slow Southern Drawl.. have kids named Jody & Buffy.


Col. Barfield and I  are graduated from Missouri Auction School, Kanas City and Indiana University, Bloomington.IN. Bafield has traveled here to help me 6 times. Morriarty Estate, Ware, Beck Estate, Clinton, Thompson Estate, Salem ross Inn, once to plant my vegetable gardenat the Purdy Estate and a couple more times I can' remember!


Anyway, Casey, Langevin had an auction the next day in NB. Barfield and I attended. The overflow crowd of auction-goers were upbeat. Maurice and I stood in the back of the hall. I had "Square Pockets"..folded cash in a front pocket....beaucoup d'argent!


A lot of  silver cufflinks on the auction block.....The auctioneer blared "How May Dollars am I bid?" I yelled out "$300" Langevin dealt me a supreme   putdown. No, your're too cheap". I threw my Stetson at P.R.!!!!!  You S.O.B.


Barfieldwas mortified! The preacher-auctioneer from Doerun, South Georgia  just couldn't believe what I had dared to do. My one action showed the crowd I, too, was a COUNTERPUNCHER Like you know who. D.J.T.


Langevin received my apology by phone the next day. He retorted " NO, THE CROWD THOUGHT IT WAS PART OF THE AUCION ! I ended up eating the silver cufflinks selling the pair for $5o to a D.C. Jeweler for fifty bucks!


The moral of my story is  I's OK to call a Langevin a SOB. He was crude and rude to me as a student over the years, and yes, Paul Raymond Langevin loaned  me  Twenty Grand in 1980 to buy silver coins. I cave him $1,000 for his troubles. "Come by anytime, Bobby, It's is a pleasure doing business with you!"


In retirement he moved to Sun City, AZ where I visited him and Ruth a couple of times.


Langevin, you S.O.B!











No comments:

Post a Comment