Wednesday, November 15, 2017

MY VICTORY MEAL AT SALEMS

Salem Cross Inn offers me exactly what I'm looking right in my own back yard, 2 miles from my bedroom! After receiving my fabulous Medical Report in Leeds, I lead the way to home. I opted not to go to Wendy's. Essentially I am a sybarite at heart, and man my heart was throbbing for some CHOWDER OF THE SEA! Incredibly delicious graced with tiny Oyster Crackers.




The friendly fire in the Rumford fireplace radiated a certain warmth the Salems have radiated since the early Sixties. The two delicious pumpkin rolls served warm, and were devoured as I waited for my main entre: Scallops served in a hot pewter dish. The laid butter assured me of gaining several kilos as I preempted  Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving by a week and a day. No desert for me. LOL.




I arrived at Mid-afternoon and chatted with John Salem, Architect,  oldest son of the Late Henry  Salem. A good guy.




When you go to the Historic Salem Cross Inn, West Brookfield, MA you ae escaping from the din of the present moment.Yes, you can hear the Angus mooing ( and smell them too!). In a month count on sleigh rides over some of the 600 acres! It's sleigh rides or hay rides at Salems.




Food is a tough business and the staff at SCI work very hard for your happiness and dining pleasures. I forgot to leave a tip! OMG




The overall ambience with sleigh bells and free parking makes this fine restaurant unique IN MY BOOKS.  867-2345. Give Nancy a call or check their webpage.
American Antiquarian Society I Worcester sell these cards!

 
The Late Hervey Ostiguy, North Brookfield Teamster personified.

 

My next car.
 
Have a Swig!

 
 

Yep!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My bath water has been drawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment