Sunday, November 19, 2017

SECOND-HAND BLOGGER BOB POTVIN

Singer and actress Barbara Streisand is about my age! Two of her many songs thrill me! "HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN" "AND "SECOND AND ROSE!" Bab's philosophical bent is mine. An ardent antique collector Ms Streisand was even seen here in West Brookfield. My friend Barbara Hinman told me of Barbara's presence. I'm told BW was looking at real estate!






Today, my Charlton Fleamart ambitions saw me load up with goodies. I love it, especially when I combine luck with preparedness. First I bought a new pair of shoes...black, but important to my"aging tootsies." "Soft Stags Kentech Comfort System" Made in Welning, China, FAKE ALL THE WAY. No leather. Jen Toledo, a great. compassionate salesman and owner of "GOOD FOR ALL SOLUTIONS" IS GOOD, DAMN GOOD! SHOES!. Need shoes? See Jen. Need a car? See Jen! Former Patirot Motors Salesman.



Busy day! Chase had a game at Tantasquqa  at 10:30. Lost. I Came home only to get a call from Chase: "Want to go meal detecting, Pops?" "Meet me at the Town Beach in 10 minutes!" Yep. I wore my sheepskin coat and New Zealand hat from Charlene and Ralph 30 years ago! I swear the winds were Mount Washington quality. Better yet, I noticed a small figure as I drove up to the rails at the beach. EVELYN.. my 4 year old entrepreneur. Amazing beyond all understanding. Gave her my walking cane to mark off quadrants so Chase would have some organization in his youthful pursuit.


"Gale Force Winds ."I said as I offered him my Army flight jacket purloined from Vietnam  50 years ago. I declared the jacket as an AUSTRAILAN SKI  PARKA. Made it past customs! My souvenir. The wind was so ferocious we got blown away. Chase called it quits after 15 minutes! Back to Ronnie and Chrissies for desert. That's where I'm going for Friendsgiving! LOL. Where are you going?( To Hell in a handbasket?)Hope not!

My latest shtick is reviewing History Channel videos and Katy Perry!  Have been shopping for a 75" HDTV. Seems Best Buy will get my business (The Early Bird Catches the Worm so it'll be a "BLACK AND BLUE MONDAY."

JUST REVIEWED A KIDS' MOVIE "NIAGARA" Awesome! This will be my first showing for my Grandkids! Took Ben and Josh to Niagara in 1980!




No comments:

Post a Comment