Saturday, November 11, 2017

MY VETERANS DAY IN BOSTON

The day was spectacular as I hobbled along with my mahogany walking-shoes! Twenty-year old Luc Linder passed my sniff test. A budding entrepreneur!

My Boston Marathon Family! Heidi r

POPS, ME!
ran!

cane! At 75 I embrace my life with ongoing abandon. At the PRU I parked in P-3. $42.00 .. so what! I gained tremendous insights into the world around me. First, I befriended three folks from Borne, Switzerland at The Skywalk Observatory (I noticed this young man, their son) with a pair of spiffy new shoes alighting from the massive elevator. I recognized and commented: "There are four ways to tell a man: his house, his wife, his car and his


At 52 stories above the Frey, walking around the Boardwalk Observatory delivered meaning and purpose as I began mentoring my new friend. from Switzerland.


Then, there was the TOP OF THE HUB RESTAURANT. My mind was made up to dine in elegance! We all deserve treats instead of treatments.. or so it seems. And so it was..Number Two on the Menu: SEARED GEORGES BANK  SCALLOPS..QUINOA, RED LINTEILS POTATO NEWT AND BASIL OIL..BUT FIRST, AS A 5th GENERATION FRENCH CANADIAN AMERICAN and addicted  New Englander, I ordered a bowl of supreme Clam Chowder.Delicious. I was dining in the din of my solitude. The buzz was at crescendo level. Two Diet Cokes washed down my repast followed by an incredible surprise:


Michael J. Edwards, General Manager stopped and thanked me for my Military Service in Vietnam 50 years ago! .


The Top of the Hub Restaurant received *****'s from me. I will return with SonBen and SonJosh in Early December.  My five Grandchildren.. Chase, Lily, Maddie, Evie and Savvy will have big eyes from the of The Hub Restaurant. With "Mommy" working as a RN at Mass General Hospital helping people, the treat will be on POPS! Merry Christmas Family!


The Shops at the PRU are some of the best in the World. Trust me as I enjoy fine things in my simplicity like a Rolls Royce or a Bentley and an ocean-front  cottage on Cape Cod! ..Truro, if you may!


I will write another blog entry on my day providing details of the Boston Book Fair which continues at the HYNES tomorrow.


I appreciate your attention and all the good people who came up to me "thanking me for my service in the U.S.ARMY! It means a lot to me.


Earlier in the day I had my picture taken with SUPERMAN! These fine young folks and CAROLINE BELGE, FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER, made for my happiness! Good Millennials! LOL.
 My Disney Kids
 
Savanna & Mommy



"THE PRU"



No comments:

Post a Comment