Friday, November 17, 2017

THE IMPERILED ENTREPRENEUR IN AMERICA

Beware, Small American Business are a dying breed, so it seems!


MYCAPE COD TRIP - a HOWELING SUCCESS -333 MILES ROUND TRIP! 26.5 mpg on a car 10 years old with 225,500 miles.

Truman was a Bankrupt Habidasher to become President!



Robert Louis Potvin  Entrepreneur

Connie Mack Day  July 10, 1934    North Brookfield - Common Street
My Great Uncle Silvieu LeDoux inherited his mothers business founded in 1909!




THE TRIP




When I found out John B. O'Sullivan was experiencing vertigo I just decided to head my chariot East to Sturbridge and flew down I-90 ,The Pike to 495. a sweeping Super Highway leading to the Canal and the Bourne  Bridge  and chatted with some folks from Uxbridge driving a mustard colored "Buggy." Tiny yet ,beautiful I took an attendant snapshot of the Bridge and sent it to Sons Ben & Josh. Crossing the bridge built 1933-1935 I exited onto 6A. Delightful.




No radios blaring. The Mid-November sun shone on green grass!Different climate on the Cape for sure.  and Old Bob "sucked it all up!." My observation was the multitude of Galleries, Antique Shops and Thrift Shops at every darned church. Interesting. I resisted temptation as my favorite angel is Angel the 6' worker in the local Salvation Armies.




It was near noon so I called The Boss at Cooke's Seafood at the Orleans Circle on Route 29.Spiro. Mark your Cape Calendars for next April as Cooke' have a "HAPPY WINTER" and be closed in a week. In the meantime Spiro greeted me with a handshape and a smile.The Mitrokostas Family have a history of serving fine seafood emanating in Webster, Mass in the early Sixties. I opted for Calamari and Scallops plus Onion Rings Third time this week! Look out gout.. here I come.




The warmth of the Restaurateur family is heartfelt! Thank You! CookesOrleans.com   or 508-255-5518.  GPS 1 South Orleans Road, Orleans, MA 02653 (Junction of 6A & 28.)




I tried to find Johnny Hirbour but to no avail.




The day was clear as a bell.The towering wind generators are incredible.


On my return I decided to go to Plymouth. It rocks tomorrow with a mamouth parade.  Today I owned the highway SO I said to Self...go to Scituate Harbor where I vived from 1972 to 1975. I drove by my 22 Greenfield Lane perch and an dazzled by all of the McMansions and million dollar asking figures.




BOSTON TRAFFIC



HACKER BOB OBER

I am a veteran. No sweaty palms and carrying-on like Hmmm.. you know who I mean. I can maneuver my Honda with class.Wow. THE BIG DIG blew me away. Only one problem..I DISLIKE DRIVING IN THE DARK. "JUST KEEP GOING, BOB"


This 333 mile junket proved to me I am still HIP.I talk to myself, Listen to Luciano Pavarotti sing and kept my cabin cool.  Darkness and speed are a prescription for an accident.  Pedestrians make things extremely bad.Unbelieveable.




The MASS Pike..forget it.But I'm smart and "QUICKER THAN A MINK" as the Biddy told me more than once! J. Irving England detected my trait..so, watch out! HA HA HA. Remember TURTLE?




Tomorrow is another day and "BE SURE NOT TO TAKE TOMORROW TO BED WITH YOU!" nvp


THE ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
BOX 11
O1585



No comments:

Post a Comment