Thursday, November 9, 2017

NO MONEY... NO FUNNY .. TRUST ME!

Ready cash!


Today's USA TODAY reports " 38% of Americans don't have funds set aside to cover a $500 emergency expense." How much do you have stashed in your mattress? Seriously. With 224,000+ miles on my Honda it is by a wing and a prayer each pay period goes by.


John F. Hirbour wrote in my high school year book The Cometarian..."Always be a little near!" Silas Marner if you may.


This 38% number is scary. I think our life and life-style mirrors The Roaring Twenties. Over the years I have received crossed signals on The Great Depression like Prohibition. Eddie Morrison, Late of North Brookfield told me prohibition was a "joke." My Aunt Olive, a girl in Prohibition times told of sitting on a barrel of booze.! Her father, of Oxford ran a Speak-Easy. "Don't move as the Feds inspected their operation.


There are different schools of thought in today's economy. Credit is lightening fast. we all can get in trouble without trying!


The price of everything seems to have gone to the Moon.$4.00 for a loaf of Pepperidge Farms. Pumpernickel surpasses Pumperdime!


So where does all lead your blogger? Directly to The Salvation Armies of our lives. Today I called on SA in Worcester. I was in the market for a pair of winter gloves. Not leather but acrylic as it was $3.99.


I ascribe to the philosophy "A SOUND MAN IS GOOD AT SALVAGE.. AT SEEING NOTHING IS LOST." Tonight for supper I enjoyedSeaPak Popcorn Shrimp and Seasoned Arby's Curly Fries.. baked at 425 degrees.


IDEA! Open the oven door to capture the heat once finished.It worked..FREE HEAT!


My folks were supremely thrifty by design. They never went without and mother was the self-appointed HOMEMAKER. Rita did it all from braiding rugs to braiding Janet's pigtails. This inherent thrift was recognized by dad....Lady very thrifty."


Waste not want not!



Noted humorist and reporter is quoted 'Americans will go to the Poor House in an automobile!


NO MATTER IF YOU ARE RICH OR POOR IT'S NICE TO HAVE MONEY. Milton Berle











No comments:

Post a Comment