Thursday, November 9, 2017

LIGHTS OUT!

President Lyndon B. Johnson earned his reputation in many ways while President. Most memorable to me was his lifting the beagles' ears and causing commotion with animal lovers. The most poignant action of LBJ came with the news he went around The White House shutting off the lights! Today, with the growing usages of power, it behooves us to 'shut off the lights!"






I am remiss when it comes to "powering down." No matter where we turn in our lives ELECTRICITY IS TANTAMOUNT.. A definite step in the right direction is employing MassSave.com. I have and received $7,000 in energy saving insulation. Today my 1932-BUILT  bungalow with new windows is "tight" YET I tend to be slovenly in my energy saving disciplines!






The curlicue looking new bulbs can give you brightness of 800 lumens at a yearly cost of only $1.69. The life of such a bulb is given at 9.13 years. Amazing!! Christmas LED decorations are for nothing. TVA Electronics Ron Bigda swears by the LED.






Now, the bargain basement of everything are the Salvation Armies of our lives. Two bulbs for a buck and it uses only 14 watts. All of electricity is not for FREE yet we can conserve.Having things on timers helps. The sleep mode on my HP  PC saves me money.






I recall when Mother Rita got her first electric clothes dryer in 1958! No longer did my sister Jan and I be dispatched to taking in frozen sheets and my father's long johns! But the juice used in running the Maytag Dryer was formidable. Yes, there are a few ladies today who still use wooden clothespins.The best part of air-dried laundry is the attendant smell. Laundromat laundry leaves lots to be desired in my mind..


The only real challenge for me is to figure a way where I can shut off my 65" Toshiba HDTV and my fan when I want to call it a day. Easy Listening music is one of my sleeping pills! LOL.


So I say 'LIGHT'S OUT!'







No comments:

Post a Comment