Sunday, November 19, 2017

IT SEEMS AMERICA HAS BEEN IN DENIAL SINCE NOVEMBER 22, 1963!

Where were you when you learned THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES HAS BEEN FELLED IN A CAVACADE IN DALLAS TEXAS? I was at Saint University walking between class. "Some nut just killed the President!" But that will be 54 years ago. Since then I have been captivated and mesmerized.


Today, my new video librarian offered me a "new in the wrapper" John F. Kennedy  "YEARS OF LIGHTENING, DAYS OF DRUMS." I grabbed it as The New York Times wrote "A TRULY MAGNIFICENT AND SOUL-STIRRING FILM!" It was voted "one of the top ten films of 1965 by the National Board of Review." It is 86 minutes long and will be a great film to show my A Student Scholars on Birch Hill!


I have met men who recall JFK! From Irving England and Senator Phil Quinn and Francis T "Red Lee!"Yes Jack and Jackie came to the Brookfields and Spencer in 1958. But I once worked with a Massachusetts State Cop down at Aetna in Brockton and in Vietnam my Chaplain was Danny Doyle. I believe he served the President holy communion.


Mt closest contact was "Red" Lee. He followed The President all the way from The Massasoit Hotel in Spencer to Kennedy's Inaugural in 1961. We had an incredible Nor'Easter that day and the day before the Army came out in DC to remove all the snow. Doctor Grace met JFK and has some great accountings of The Man.


Despite the smut perpetuated by the media in Kennedy's alleged exploits..FAKE NEWS?


"Jack and Jackie were loved by the World!"



I submit everybody reading this blog should travel to the KENNEDY LIBARY AND MUSEUM IN BOSTON. Take your kids and grand kids as I have, It seems Kennedy was a human savior with a prescient mind and good looks. No matter what, John Fitzgerald Kennedy had it all.


"Years of Lightening" made my cry today. My emotion has been pent up for so lang. The muffled drums are eerie as are the horse hoofs clashing on the macadam pavement.


Over 60% of Americans are Historically illiterate says David McCullough !
This year President John Fitzgerald Kennedy anniversary falls on Thenksgiving. Please pause and make JFK part of your Thanksgiving colloquy.. I know I will.















No comments:

Post a Comment