Tuesday, November 21, 2017

MORE PRICELESS MEMORIES OF JFK

The automated voice activated will change our aging lives even more. of 2018.Get used to it. BEST BUY is totally electronic. Get used to it! "DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF...IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF!" My show goes on! Early in the day I traveled to Worcester to VETERANS, INC.  Hundreds of Verterans met exchanging war stories.. me too.Of particular interest was my meeting a sweet Millennial Emily S. from U mass Medical School! We chatted about her specialty" ALCOHOLISM and the nuances to look for. Emily is educates in Psychiatry and may be reached at 508.856.8745  Emily.Starratt@umassmed.edu.


Earlier I mailed a 'Pony Express' letter to the President of AETNA.. my employer of 50 years ago. The tariff was $23.75 with a guaranty of being delivered toKaren Lynch's desk by noon. Postal Employee and friend, Tony Piazzo of WB helped and I even chatted with the Postmaster at EAst Brookfield. I even sprung for a comprehensive  book "The Postal Service  2016 Guide to U.S. Stamps. #90 pages.. forty bucks! I plan on taking it to bed every night with me! LOL: I paid $95.00 for a Block of Four! Why? Mt Gateway Arch is featured on the postage. I plan on giving Ben & Josh as stamp. They have been to St. Louis several times!


MEET ME IN ST. LOUIE, LOUIE!
RLP  BS Degree in Geography 1965  "C" Student  LOL


I parked at The Worcester Art Museum and hoped they wee Open. My friend  Juielane Frost may have been in but the museum was closed. Maybe Friday? I them stopped at the Richard Sugdeen Library in Spencer and met "Patricia." I arranged to donate all of my Senator Phil Quinn memorabilia as everything was lost in the tragic fire totaling The Massasoit Hotel.I observed a fantastic collection of Rock n Roll on display by Steve Prouty. A++.


I then connected with my esteemed friend in NB: Robin."Red" Lee was a mentor and friend of mine. In th framework of life, Red and Phil were friends of JFK! Amazing. Now I will share with you more memories before I take my bath.


Mr. Quinn and Mr. Lee knew JFK. Correspondence obtained today from Robin include photographs of Kennedy's funeral cortege! The rider-less horse with the saddle backwards, the flag-draped casket with 3 military . The uniformed sailor appears in 2 snapshots.... The absolute best colored Kodachrome is the horse drawn caisson.. 4 white horses. I could cry! Taken in front of Capitol Camera is a black Lincoln Limousine  or Chrysler Imperial. The white walls are the sixe of an Eskimo Pie. Maybe my Geek Sqyad men will help me tomorrow and scan these before they scat!


On the manuscript side of things are copies of letters exchanged between Senator Kennedy (1958) and Senator Quinn  at DPHS regarding an Essay by Claire St. Germain of Casey Street, Spencer! In a letter dated June 13, 1958 Quinn relates to Kennedy " Her essay on "Senator John Kennedy" received the best ovation of the evening from twelve hundred people." I am afraid to say all manuscripts were lost in the Massasoit Hotel  fire.




Next is AMHERST COLLEGE when JFK came to visit in "The Presidential Convocation and Ground Breaaking for The Robert Frost Library It occurred on October 26th just 4 weeks before November 22, 1963. The entie speech is found in the manuscript-catalog. Photographs reveal the magnetism of Kennedy's smile.My sidekick, RICHARD B. JOHNSON was there working for a radio station. Maybe Dick can give us a detailed accounting? The booklet is printed on a heavy parchment. Once again I will eventually post the images and speeches.


Around 1986-1987 I wrote a cover article for the New Leader in Spencer.


INTERMISSION





No comments:

Post a Comment