Thursday, November 30, 2017

ANOTHER GOOD MEAL AT SALEM CROSS INN!

Tomorrow is December 1, 2017. In 25 days our lives will be fulfilled in the Spirit of Christmas. Only one thing different: the size and variety of the gifts. Today I treated BOB POTVIN BLOGGER to a lunch at "The Cross." The aroma of ash wood burning in the Rumford kicked my  taste buds in high gear.


Today I chose the Chicken Chowder in a milk broth.  featuring CARROTS, Celery, Onions and Potato. D-licious. The pumpkin cup cakes are supreme. Beverly, the head hostess is affable as are the servers, in particular Christy.


The message of the in is "Welcome tired and hungry traveler." Today there was a small busload from Ashland, MA. Their mood was "UP" as they snapped photos infrnt of the roaring  fire. I loved it. Then Head Chef allen brought  the beef.. and fastened it onto the spit revolving around the blaze. The embedded coals will roast the beef for supper! In a week or three SNOW will grace the 600 acres in fine style. The music playing was Arthur Fiedler's SLEIGH RIDE!


Noqw comes my secret! I am smart.. I ate 1/2 of the portions served. Christy fived me up with a doggie bag of chowder, rolls and a smile.Eating at Salem Cross Inn is my Christmas treat....


DON'T FORGET WHITE CHRIST ON THE COMMON SUNDAY BEGINNING AT12:OO HOURS.(Noon) The Nadons will be giving Wagon Rides..Seize the Sunday moment, but first shoot over to the Charlton Flee Market where opportunities abound..both NEW and USED mdse. Why pay Full Price when you can have it for a Song.


Best Wishes for the Holiday Season!


Sincerely,


Robert Louis Potvin
Santa Clause
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360 Any Time



No comments:

Post a Comment