Saturday, December 10, 2016

THE SUPREME MEMBER OF THE SUPREMES: DIANA ROSS

To think of it, Diana Ross is mother of 5 and is now 72 years old! My memories of this initial sound of MOTOWN  brings me back to my college days in Mid-Town Saint Louis where the jukebox was blaring Motown Sounds. The omnipotent Miss Ross has never lost her beauty, her charm and her singing spirit of the times.. both then as well as now.




Tonight, in the confines of my knotty-pine "shelter" and big-ass HDTV I was mesmerized by all of the sounds from Detroit.. way back when. Michael Jackson wins first place in his supreme talent  surpassing the Supremes as a showman, dancer & singer. Little Stevie Wonder captures my heart in his lyrical tune "I Just Called To Say I Love You!" Maybe you don't know the fact Stevie Wonder is father of 8.


Over the decades the MOWTOWN SOUND has melded into our social fabric, big time. The Four Tops are top as is Lionel Ritchie and a myriad of other singers. Mary Wells also  comes to mind.




Billboard Magazine is the trade music journal and SonBen asked for a subscription to this when he was 14 years old!




Thanks to PBS for this wonderful show Motown at 25 and may we enjoy the sounds of the singers and musicians for the next 25 years and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment