Thursday, December 15, 2016

PAGEVIEWS 42,608 YESTERDAY 342.. TODAY 341!

To say the least my blog is doing fine. Keep reading!!


Mount Washington and Weather Bug are stealing the show. recent wind gusts atop the 6,288 peak peak out at 74mph. One shy of Hurricane force winds.The summer I worked atop the Rock Pile I saw 90mph winds recorded on the pitot anemometer. Lesser instruments bit the dust!



Right now the ambient temperature is -20.2 degrees F. Your wind chill (what it feels on your skin) not your radiator is -59 Degrees. Some brave souls actually live in the new MTW Observatory.


Mount Washington Readings:  


At 9:30 P.M. it is -28.1 F....-76 degrees Wind Chill...72 MPH winds  24 hour gust to 95MPH!








I once met a psychologist from San Francisco who said 'cold winter weather puts people in the mood of the season.' Blasie weather at Christmas is contraindicative to the "Hay in the Manger." I know I am adjusting to this cold spell by wearing cotton and wool. This 100% Cotton "Faded Glory" XL feels as if it were 100% wool.
Obviously the fibers of cotton keep you warm s toast. I am very selective on my winter clothes, regardless!






My Woolrich jacket is Made in India. So what! Many of my button-down collar dress shirts are 100% Cotton. Today they are 100% Salvation-Army!LOL. Tomorrow, I shall sport my Joseph A. Bank spiffy red wool blazer Made in Haiti! This is my latest " Army Fashion!"


And so it goes.. "I've got my clothes to keep me warm." I don't gamble, I don't drink, I don't smoke and all of the other vices that can ensnarl you in the trappings of the Holiday Season. Don't get me wrong. I learned early on the true meaning of Christmas. Please "Go Figure!"  Feliz Navidad!




No comments:

Post a Comment