Saturday, December 17, 2016

MY GENIUS OF THOUGHT

The smartest way to solve your problems and ennui is to think!My draft-dodging endeavors of the other night are paying me heat-saving dividends! For too many years I had it all backwards in heating the Poodle. Now, after a day or so of having the bright-red rug baffle keeps me warm and the rest of my pad cool. I reverse things when I retire under six blankets. Anybody got a puff they want to sell? LOL


So, now I revert to Christmas options of entertainment. YOU TUBE is categorically the best. Band Leader James Last and his orchestra is the BEST. Christmas music or music from Miami where it never snows, relaxing entertainment is truly something to crow about.


The secret of "floating through the Holidays in style" may be to keep things simple. The family demands to it all are staggering. Lucky me.. I live alone. I call all of the shots and like everybody else must face up to the din. I try to control things by looking intelligently to life's alternatives.


Just think what life was like in 1716, or 1816, or 1916, the year Mother was born. No nothing except enduring the diurnal journey of the Sun. The houses were big, heating elements were with coal or wood and yet they survived! One of my grandfathers played the fiddle. Babies were born and many families were huge. My forebears were of a different cut of cloth. Their native tongue was French and I believe they were happy living in very difficult times.


My life was rife with stories. It was all about family. Good times, bad times, all times were so simple.The funny thing is everyone owned an automobile AND EVERYONE DRESSED TO KILL!Joe and Rita were married in 1936..on April 18th and went to DC on their Honeymoon. Another time they did a motor trip to New York City for New Years Eve .Mother admitted to egging dad on! They ended up stuck in a cornfield! She was the daring one of the family. Sporting a raccoon fur coat, Rita always had a smile for the camera. Then kids came along..Janet in 1940 and yours truly in 1942.


Long winter nights saw mother knitting or crocheting and listening to WWII news and Gabriel Heater. Dad napped and wondered why he was an insomniac!


TODAY OUR LIVES ARE STRANGE, BY COMPARRISON. We have more temptations than you can shake a stick at and this calls for simplicity and Self-Discipline! So what colour is your new SILVER GHOST? LOL.


Please do me a favor and do not despair!' Regardless, our lives are what we make them." Celebrate if you must.. gamble if you care to pray if you want to, donate if you are to but most of all put on that happy face!










No comments:

Post a Comment