Thursday, December 1, 2016

MY LEFTOVER LEFTOVERS

This eclectic Thursday was a true winner. To Worcester to the VETERANS, INC food pantry. All U.S. Veterans are welcome to stocking up. Two pounds of frozen Carolina Turkey  from BUTTERBLL, LLC, Mt. Olive, NC to continue my turkey, ad infinitum. Canned goods including  tuna fish and vegetables and fruit keep me ticking!









The Worcester Triangle gives me gasoline at Shell and a car wash. I like it as it is friendly and convenient. I travel cross country across the Worcester airport ridge into Airport Rotary, again across city to Lincoln Street. The VA, Staples, Barnes-Noble, etc. are all nearby.




While pumping Shell into my Rhonda Honda a call came in from a Barre attorney. Good stuff as it may mean future estate auction endeavors. Further to this fact came a visit to one Deny Long in New Braintree.. my friend and brother. We go back to 1956 and Mr. Long's 1955 blue Ford Fairlane... faster than ship! I think I have New Braintree in my DNA.




 Then to a possible job site in Hardwick. Young SARA at the Cloverhill Country Store  on Lower Road in Gilbertville, Mass.helped me with directions.  A nice country store with a friendly ambience. My destination was 4.3 miles away and I have never felt being so far into the woods.."in the middle of nowhere." Good thing it wasn't dark or I would still be lost. My GPS said 'none of the above!'






Landing at the "Poodle at dusk," paying off more debt wasn't necessarily fun. Impersonal as all get-out, I think I'll convert of my holdings in gold to Parcheesi money or Boardwalk.. LOL. Plastic is for the birds. Speaking of birds I witnessed 3 Blue Jays and a gorgeous Cardinal in flight in New Braintree, earlier.






I think I got Dollar General is misrepresentation of Honey. Clover Valley Honey reads 'U.S. Grade A" and in small print it reads "Product of Argentina and Uruguay!"   How can it read U.S. Grade A? What about the thousands of Apiaries around the U.S.? Isn't our Honey good enough...honey?






The bottom line to my Thursday was that good... and yes, I visited SonJosh to boot!




ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Chief Blogger in Charge
West Brookfield, Massachusetts
December 1, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment