Saturday, December 17, 2016

HAVING A SALAD ISN'T A BAD IDEA FOR OLD FOLKS!

I have latched onto a new idea for my head: a head of lettuce!


The virtue of having a daily salad pays dividends: regularity. I enjoy a variety of dressings as well as onions.Vidalia onions are good as are Bermuda. Because I'm French, I enjoy French dressing.Italian is good and the good folks at Kraft offer a slew of other salad dressings.


Ahead of Iceberg lettuce gives you options in presentation.I enjoy cutting the head into quarters then further garnishing it with olives, peppers, relishes and the like. Lettuce is cheap. If you want something heavier try a Head of Cabbage. Coleslaw is good with celery seed and Mazola oil. Lawry's Seasoned Salt will give your feast a dash of panache.Then to change the pace, a spinach salad with hard-boiled eggs will be fit for your Kings and Queens.


Stringbean salads are good too, "Stringbean!" LOL.


As Arte Johnson says Try it.. you'll like it!













No comments:

Post a Comment