Monday, December 19, 2016

HOW I MADE TONS OF MONEY FIXING HOUSES

The secret to making money, traditionally, in residential real estate, is to buy an empty house! Buy a shack. Buy the worst house in the best neighborhood.Buy from motivated sellers.Never be afraid to LOW-BALL your good faith offers.GET LUCKY and be ready to walk.


NB. YOUR KITCHENS AND YOUR BATHROOMS ARE THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT ROOMS IN YOUR HOME. Focus on these!
  1. Houses are a commodity.
  2. Houses are made up of systems.heat, electrical, plumbing,







    sanitation, etc.
  3. Houses today are built much differently than, say 1945.
  4. Houses are wired much more differently than back then. Today you need 200 Ampere service and code requirements for energy demands are colossal.
  5. Houses are to be insulated much more today.70% heat-loss goes up!
  6. Houses today require insulated windows.
  7. Houses today are vinyl sided, more and more.
  8. Houses demand energy-efficient HVAC systems.
  9. Houses need to be plumbed properly.
  10. Houses require TLC.
My first house cost me $18,000 in 1970; my second house cost me $37,750 in 1972; my third house cost me $ 36,000 in 1975; my fourth house  cost me $28,000 in 1978; my fifth house cost me $25,000 in 1979; my sixth house cost me $36,000 in 1979 (mistake); in  1985 I paid $28,000 for 20 acres;1988 I paid $55,000 for a 4 acre hill-top
building lot. I built a 3,850 square-foot Dream House; I paid something like $46,000 for a Fla Condo and in 1999. I bought short an antique home for $75,000 also in 1999.




I had one distinct advantage to it all: Dad restored and built residential real estate (1946 - 1966) Before that his father, Paul, built a house or two!




You must be handy and have the dexterity and vision to see things through. I was lucky.. my Army Buddy was an electrician! Paying out for labor is anathema. There's so much required in restoring an old house.Sweat-equity pays off. I know women who just "love to paint." Hen-Ray" of Windsor said " Are you decorating the place or are you cleaning up the joint!? Henray Lescarbeau was right....BUT REMEMBER PAINT AND WALLPAPER ARE CHEAP!




LABORS OF LOVE CAN PAY YOU HANDSOMLY SOME DAY! You've gotta live somewhere so why not buy a "fixer-upper" and make a BUCK?! I did!




Houses need TLC.Give it to them and they will pay you off  handsomely some day!





No comments:

Post a Comment