Thursday, December 15, 2016

BOB POTVIN AS A DETECTIVE

Talent may be decided by many things.Ability, attitude, perceptions all may add up to being a Detective.I liked Peter Faulk as Columbo in the role he placed in seventies television. I, too, was a detective for Aetna Life and Casualty around the same time."Catching people in the act was my job." As a federal ranger I caught folks in other acts which I will Plead the fifth on seeing it's Christmas!


A classic discovery of mine ( and there were more than one) came in a Worker's Comp claim. The claimant suffered a broken back vertebrate and I felt bad for him. I had him sign the Commonwealth of Mass. Agreements for some Tax Free Dollars.Time went on and he stayed on Comp. But at some point I smelt a fish! I had a suspicion this clown was working! I was right!


In driving my black  1972 Chevrolet Malibu into Thompson, CT, I witnessed a man operating a Caterpiller, backfilling a concrete foundation! Okay Google."Sign here, please!" His Comp Claim was a gonner!


' HOW DID YOU FIND ME, MR. POTVIN!?'


It is my job, I retorted!


An insurance adjuster must be many things. Having a keen sense of justice is tantamount to the process. Adjusters are not out to screw anyone... but to SETTLE CASES! Anything less than that, the adjuster isn't doing their job. Many adjusters delighted in playing golf on company time. Not me.


For years I enjoyed many aspects of being an Aetna Claim man. I felt I worked for the best. Then, one day..it was over!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment