Saturday, December 17, 2016

MY AGONY AND ECSTACY OF THE SNOWS

This Saturday morning was the flip side of yesterday's winds. A snowball in hell  is the best description I can give it. All basketball practices were cancelled  so I sojourned to see my family atop Birch Hill. The 8 inch blanket of newly-fallen white stuff paints a Christmas card of the POTVIN Estate second to none. I didn't realize the kids and dad were out on the south side of the W. Barry Mills Cape Cod styled home.




Suddenly, Chase and the three girls appeared. Their rosy-red cheeks told me they were playing out in the snow for at least an hour. Then I noticed a friendly fire in the Rumford. The spirits were high. Madeline showed me her new Cinderella wrist watch as Little Evie watched. How nice to see my grandchildren happy and in the Christmas Spirit.




As I was leaving I noticed an accumulating powder snow. How nice. Then, Rhonda-Honda showed me her true colors:No Traction! Man, the 850' driveway was anethma. Slipping and sliding...whoa Nellie! I'm in trouble. Bad news bears. All recent cars had snow tires of the highest order. My 4 new tires didn't pass the sniff test!


Son Josh came out along with Chase-boy. Vroom. We went from bad to worse.


Then a call to Josh's Ford-150 father-in-law with yellow Fisher snowplow.Bingo. I was homeward bound. Then I saw Barry Nadon standing on the curb of Route 9 @ Maple street. A snowplow had flipped a manhole cover leaving an entry to Hell! 500 feet away was a young lady's automobile strangled in a snow drift. I thought Merry Christmas! LOL.


Determined to get into my Aladdin's Cave in one piece, I gunned my snow-covered black beauty carefully inside of all elements. You can be sure Santa will bring me a pair of Blizzaks. In the meantime Son Josh shovels me out! Thanks Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment