Thursday, December 22, 2016

THE CARPENTER'S MUSIC AT CHRISTMAS

The music of Karen & Richard Carpenter is truly unbeatable. At Christmas time it is unbeatable. Tonight I latched on to their YouTube offerings. Filmed back in 1977 their ABC show featured Kukla & Ollie. It was such a pleasant evening of wholesome entertainment.


Earlier I paid a visit to Son Josh & 3 grandkids. It seems they are all up for the occasion for when are kids to the contrary?


Much of my day was spent at VETERAN'S on Grove street. It was heartfelt to see all of the old soldiers congregating. Today the Vietnam Era me range from 60-80 so it seems. Some walk with oxygen tanks, walkers and canes. The reality Is all of these men and women served our Country at a very unpleasant time. A surplus of new socks were shared with us GI's and I passed them out at my friends at Country Corner.. Shelby, Mark and Missie. We had fun in the process of my giving.


Met an amusing man outside Lincoln Stamp & Coin. I did buy two of my favorite postage stamps for old time sakes. It was like meeting Santa Claus at TJX last week. It seems old men have a lot to say and share. We talked about Trump and dogs and cats and I'll leave it at that!


Tight now Ray Conniff Orchestra entertains me as I get ready for my tub. "Stay Cheerful!"






The Holidays are culminating on the weekend this year.





Like many I'll be glad when they are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment