Saturday, December 17, 2016

MAYBE HAVING A MAILBOX WASN'T SUCH A GOOD IDEA?

The thundering double-whamied orange DPW snowplows leave little for the imagination! Living near Route 9 has it pitfalls. In the summer motorcycles zoom past my chalet as if they were racing at Indianapolis or Charlotte. Cars of the Seventies go seventy and then some. I just can't win.




Now, my new white mailbox is being bombarded with rock-salt, sand, and plowed snow. The truckers don't seem to have any mercy. I'll have to give my box a bath after each storm. Josh advises of the inherent danger of the highway. "People  get killed fetching the U.S. Mail, Dad."




Anyway, my Poodle is airtight, tiny in square-footage (only 3 rooms in use) plus a bath. New windows and insulation is just fine by me. Big houses for old people not necessarily a smart choice! Light-Classical music, a PC and the Spirit of Christmas - 2016 is all I really need... and yes, some Christmas Cards ( with green in them would be nice!  LOL. SETON HALL V. DELAWARE at six. Go Pirates.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment